[A14] Edge Technologies (V1.0 updated:14-08-16)

Started by chaotix14, April 10, 2016, 07:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotix14

Quote from: masaykh on April 11, 2016, 09:41:32 AM
look at string "  [A13]Edge Technologies V0.14.rar (193.53 kB - downloaded 52 times.) "

Yup, all the way at the bottom of that post, just below the licence. Should be quite visible and not all that uncommon of a location for the mod files. But since it seems like a problem more people might have, given how in an hour I got two unable to find the link, I'll see if I can work it into the main body of the post.

cheetar

Is this mod compatible with Edb's prepare carefully mod

chaotix14

Quote from: cheetar on April 11, 2016, 10:13:54 AM

Should be, honestly there's not much that I've seen that was incompatible with prepare carefully(previous versions of that mod that is, can't judge the experimental alpha 13 update, waiting for it to become stable before using it myself). All it should change is adding some new resources you can start with as well as a set of melee weapons for the metals in this mod.

cheetar

Quote from: chaotix14 on April 11, 2016, 10:20:12 AM
Quote from: cheetar on April 11, 2016, 10:13:54 AM

Should be, honestly there's not much that I've seen that was incompatible with prepare carefully(previous versions of that mod that is, can't judge the experimental alpha 13 update, waiting for it to become stable before using it myself). All it should change is adding some new resources you can start with as well as a set of melee weapons for the metals in this mod.
Oke, thanks

CreepingTerror

I might be a bit of a noob at this, but I tried dropping this mod into an existing colony. I got all the research done up to Robotics and I'm trying to use the bench to start making them. I've got the components, steel and plasteel, but when I make a new job for it, the task doesn't seem to be showing up for assigning. There's nothing when I try to assign someone to the robotics bench.

chaotix14

Quote from: CreepingTerror on April 11, 2016, 02:24:44 PM
I might be a bit of a noob at this, but I tried dropping this mod into an existing colony. I got all the research done up to Robotics and I'm trying to use the bench to start making them. I've got the components, steel and plasteel, but when I make a new job for it, the task doesn't seem to be showing up for assigning. There's nothing when I try to assign someone to the robotics bench.

......I think I know what's wrong. Gonna fix it right now.

Edit: aaaaand should be fixed. By the way not you being a noob, rather me being a noob. Missed something crucial with the coding. Hopefully I didn't inconvenience you too much.(and there should be no need to make a new world, just can ignore the warning)

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

CreepingTerror

Quote from: chaotix14 on April 11, 2016, 02:27:28 PM
Quote from: CreepingTerror on April 11, 2016, 02:24:44 PM

......I think I know what's wrong. Gonna fix it right now.

Edit: aaaaand should be fixed. By the way not you being a noob, rather me being a noob. Missed something crucial with the coding. Hopefully I didn't inconvenience you too much.(and there should be no need to make a new world, just can ignore the warning)

Working just fine now. And you're adding nice and useful stuff to the game. I'm not going to complain about any inconvenience.   :)

chaotix14

Quote from: mrofa on April 11, 2016, 02:52:04 PM
Well here is a replacment for the box :)

Damn that's some nice texture work. Now I'm kinda sad I don't have a clue how to make it into something that can move around and mine on the surface.

At any rate awesome looking mining bot there. From the guy who's textures I nicked not to mention. ;D

Xenotashin

Quote from: chaotix14 on April 11, 2016, 03:01:28 PM

Damn that's some nice texture work. Now I'm kinda sad I don't have a clue how to make it into something that can move around and mine on the surface.

At any rate awesome looking mining bot there. From the guy who's textures I nicked not to mention. ;D

I'm not very code savvy so I could be wrong, but wouldn't it be possible to make it a tame animal that has steel or whatever resource from "shearing" or "milking" it? If so that'd be pretty damn cool.

mrofa

Quote from: chaotix14 on April 11, 2016, 03:01:28 PM

Well its not hard to code, thrugh would require you to learn abit of c#
All i do is clutter all around.

chaotix14

Quote from: mrofa on April 12, 2016, 01:46:28 AM
Well its not hard to code, thrugh would require you to learn abit of c#

Which is what I figured. And since I have exactly 0 experience with c#(and with most other forms of coding) it would take a serious while for me to figure out where to even start.

chaotix14

Quote from: Canute on April 12, 2016, 04:39:21 AM
But to balance it a bit, you should select what kind of ore you want to mine on placement. Then the pawn need to drill to these oredeposit. Once this is down you can setup the bill to mine these ore like before.
To reset the oreselection you should pack up the station to get a minimized version and place it again.
For an automated version of these driller you can add some research and an AI core to the production cost.

That would indeed be a nice balancing idea. But from what I know from the code, without any c# experience that would require me to make a separate building for each ore to be mined, which given that I don't want to spam the production tab with 10+ mines is a no go.

Also an automated is not likely to happen, unless the game accepts negative fuel usage values and will spit out excess, since again that is something I remember taking c# coding(I've delved into the MD2 code deep enough to see that).

jeffy29

I need help, I can't seem to force my colonists to make robotics. I have all the materials, minimal crafting skill and set priorities right, but they don't use the bench and I can't right click to force them to. Here is an image from the base: http://i.imgur.com/nDsQUM5.png as you can see I have all the materials and colonists have clear access to the bench. Am I doing something wrong?

chaotix14

Quote from: jeffy29 on April 12, 2016, 06:49:37 AM
I need help, I can't seem to force my colonists to make robotics. I have all the materials, minimal crafting skill and set priorities right, but they don't use the bench and I can't right click to force them to. Here is an image from the base: http://i.imgur.com/nDsQUM5.png as you can see I have all the materials and colonists have clear access to the bench. Am I doing something wrong?

Not that I can see. Just a question, are you on the latest release(0.15)? If not try updating first, because I think it might be the bug I fixed in that patch.