Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on August 23, 2015, 03:10:22 PM
It won't happen, stop asking please.

Holy SHIT this dude is a D-bag

Toggle

Quote from: Coolpey on August 23, 2015, 09:04:43 PM
Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on August 23, 2015, 03:10:22 PM
It won't happen, stop asking please.

Holy SHIT this dude is a D-bag

Not really. This guy actually want's someone to make a MULTIPLAYER MOD. In a constantly updating alpha. An entire multi-fucking-player mod. KSP is a massive bloody game, and is very, very popular, with a much larger userbase. It has nothing to do with modding rimworld. Nobody is going to make a multiplayer mod. You, nor him, seem to bloody grasp them. He continues to ignore everything everyone says and just say 'It's possible". It isn't happening unless you guys do it.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

killer117

Hes saying it here so to get the attention of modders and to get them to do this idea. No need to rag on him for hoping. If u dont like his idea, then just shut it, not need for u to coment. If it happens, great, if it dosent, oh well. Big deal. Hes allowed to say what he wants, so back off and let him say it
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

Toggle

The thread should honestly just be locked and left. Multi-player is suggested so much this entire forum post is heresy.

killer117

God damn if u dont like it then were not forcing u too comment, so leave it
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

Pheanox

Why is this even being talked about?  ZOMBIE2 is right.  This has been requested since the Kickstarter campaign.  No one wants to actually mod it, they just want to post requests begging others to do it.

Edit: And attacking people and basically saying ZOMBIE2 doesn't want multiplayer because they are afraid of socializing really just reinforces the childishness of this entire topic.

Hardstyler

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on August 23, 2015, 10:04:20 PM
Not really. This guy actually want's someone to make a MULTIPLAYER MOD. In a constantly updating alpha. An entire multi-fucking-player mod. KSP is a massive bloody game, and is very, very popular, with a much larger userbase. It has nothing to do with modding rimworld. Nobody is going to make a multiplayer mod. You, nor him, seem to bloody grasp them. He continues to ignore everything everyone says and just say 'It's possible". It isn't happening unless you guys do it.

ZOMBIE2, i start thinking you are having some seriouse issues.
Nontheless, you are very, very wrong again.
The Mod for KSP started at very early Alpha stage guess it was 0.45 #EDIT: "Just checked, it was at A0.21".(way befor the game was in Beta or even released) formely known as KMP.

Are you somewhat afraid to have to sozialize if a MP Mod gets released? If so, just leave the thread alone, esp. since all you do is spreading misinformations.

Quote from: Pheanox on August 24, 2015, 05:45:02 AM
Why is this even being talked about?  ZOMBIE2 is right.  This has been requested since the Kickstarter campaign.  No one wants to actually mod it, they just want to post requests begging others to do it.

Yet, all it takes is just one guy willing to try it. All i am actually trying is to get someone on the tracks for it, since it did happen to other games earlier with very similar conditions, thats why i even linked to the github etc.
And as i said, i would do it myself, yet i am not good enough... but thats just yet.

Quote from: Pheanox on August 24, 2015, 05:45:02 AM
Edit: And attacking people and basically saying ZOMBIE2 doesn't want multiplayer because they are afraid of socializing really just reinforces the childishness of this entire topic.

It is because i, by all repect and honesty, can't see why he is so stubborn and wants to have this thread closed.
I am trying to give out valid informations, sources and sideinfo ... All he did was calling it "illegal" , "impossible" etc.
I don't get it why people can't deal with other peoples opinions.

Toggle

Okay, I'm just giving up, this topic gave nothing new, nothing came out of it, it's pointless. Goodbye.

killer117

I hope to make a rimworld multiplayer mod at some point. I only know html atm, but im trying to get my teachers to start a coding club at school, and one of them knows C++ very well, so in this club i hope well be able to make a multiplayer mod. I dunno if itll happen, but im hoping. Does validate this post enough huh. That some people out there actually trying to do this.

whoishigh

This thread is pretty interesting but I've yet to see anyone describe how multiplayer would actually function in a game like this, regardless of whether it's legal or (somewhat) possible in a completely different game. It's hard for me to see it being anything more than a simplified Clash of Clans clone. This game just doesn't lend itself to a multiplayer environment. But don't let these people who actually write mods stop you from living the dream and rewriting Rimworld!

killer117

We started this thread with throwing out theories as to how to implement a rimworld multiplayer. And yes those people may write mods, but that gives them no right to critisise the hopes and ideas of others

whoishigh

I'm just saying they might have a little more perspective on what's possible within this game.

Toggle

Quote from: killer117 on August 24, 2015, 07:37:28 PM
We started this thread with throwing out theories as to how to implement a rimworld multiplayer. And yes those people may write mods, but that gives them no right to critisise the hopes and ideas of others

Actually, the original post by the guy only asks if it's possible because he wants real humans to raid him instead of AI. Nothing about throwing out theories or discussions. If anyone wants to discuss it, could you make a new thread asking specifically about how it could be implemented.

Latta

There can be no real time multiplayer "mod". Maybe, might be, asynchronous multiplayer can be made. Like Reassembly does.

But who would pay for the server.