[HELP] Rimworld 1.0 constantly crashing

Started by Anastasia, December 07, 2018, 02:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

hi, i use rimworld 1.0 and have a 32 bit system(i'm poor don't judge me), and i have more mods than i probably should, but for no obvious reason a couple of weeks ago my game would crash at multiple unrelated points, when i opened menus, when i loaded it at the start, when i generate worlds, and most importantly and most consistently, when i actually start a game and the escape pods land. the game is completely unplayable for me now and any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the folder the game spits out when i crash, this one came from a crash right before the escape pods were supposed to land on the map.

[attachment deleted due to age]
"Your ethics and philosophies mean nothing to me, all i ask is that you give me a solution that works."

Canute

I think it is the out of memory issue.
2048 MB user address space [58 MB free].

Try to run the 64 bit version, except you don't run a 64 bit OS.
But then i don't much you can do.
Abandon the underground map, deactivate DeepRim and use Quarry/deepcore mining mod instead. A new map need more memory then when you use a these.
Not sure if you can deactivate the texture mod, you maybe should try it.

Other mod's that increase the memory need you prolly can't deactivate.

Anastasia

Quote from: Canute on December 07, 2018, 02:59:20 PM
I think it is the out of memory issue.
2048 MB user address space [58 MB free].

Try to run the 64 bit version, except you don't run a 64 bit OS.
But then i don't much you can do.
Abandon the underground map, deactivate DeepRim and use Quarry/deepcore mining mod instead. A new map need more memory then when you use a these.
Not sure if you can deactivate the texture mod, you maybe should try it.

Other mod's that increase the memory need you prolly can't deactivate.
i found a more drastic solution, i used BCDedit to change the user address space to 3gb, drastic and not great for my system but it seems to have worked.
"Your ethics and philosophies mean nothing to me, all i ask is that you give me a solution that works."