Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

christianmc1101

I wanted to say: First Strawberrys, then Potatoes and when the Colonist made this all, he should plant trees!
Sorry for my bad English!
Mein Lieblingswort: My favorite word:
Bundespräsidentenstichwahlwiederholungsverschiebung

DepOpt

Not sure if anyone has suggested this yet, but with the ability to MAKE armour now, why not add the ability to melt it down/deconstruct it as well? If you can do it to a gun, surely you can do it to a metal helmet.
Ignore this notice

DFKabuto

It would be nice to have an option to disable the speed lock during events (combat, namely). I can totally understand dropping the speed to 1 when an event first occurs, but I'd still like to have the option to speed it back up while the event is still happening.

Lady Wolf

The ability to "destroy" stone chunks if you want to instead of having to haul them to a dumping ground. (Just select them with the mining tool and the colonist would mine them to rubble and sweep it away.)

(After a while you're dumping ground is full and turning your front lawn into a rock garden isn't always desirable and turning them into blocks can just be a huge time sink once you have 500 or so stockpiled.)

DFKabuto

The TV should emit light.

Hugo Yendo

- Windows & Toilets!

Lol... that's all I miss from this marvelous game!

ToXeye

Things like the following:
-> Air quality (a smaller vent used for letting air in) (could be hard to implement but would easily be extended to allow for gases of different kinds)
| This is akin to the "miasma" in dwarf fortress

-> Ways to multi-equip (rifle straps, knife sheathes, pistol holsters)
| (one at a time, but with a larger array of choices) (I know this one is pretty old)
| this idea could be called "wielding"

-> Backpack, wheelbarrows, rails, conveyor belts
| (This idea has to change the game a lot to make sense, as it is now transportation is fairly allowing)
| This idea could be called "transportation"

-> Chests, wardrobes, weapon racks (exist),
| This idea could be called "storage"

As it is now, "wielding" is rudimentary
Also, "transportation" is by foot
And "storage" is on the floor
All of these ideas already exist in the game but could be improved.

Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

hector212121

Gloves.

There could be Light gloves that don't effect maximum heat, only help a little in the cold and have low armor values, and Heavy Duty gloves that effect maximum heat, help quite a bit in the cold and have higher armor values.

I mean, who runs around in a tundra bare handed?

Mkok

My suggestion is to make spaceship traders carry a lot more stuff, but make them rarer, so they actually feel different from trade caravans.

Right now, they feel just like another caravan. But considering they have a spaceship, they should have much larger stock to offer, and since we live on a rimworld, they should be kinda rare. If you get 1 space trader per year, but get the option to buy enough medicine to last you for 10 years, they could actually feel important. You would still need that silver to buy it, so it wouldnt be OP, and land caravans would still offer you all the small trading you need. Also, this would make it more important to not make every faction your enemy, as that would seriously cut your trading capabilities.

Limdood

A few seconds longer reaction time from the moment a bug hive spawns to the moment the bugs spawn.  Right now, anyone inside the room when a hive spawns is LIKELY dead...sometimes they can escape, but usually they're cut down...

Giving enough however much time it takes for a bad back colonist to clear about 6 tiles and open a simple metal door, plus about 1 second reaction time will now allow MOST colonists a chance to escape the room - and die in the ensuing firefight like they SHOULD!

National7

Just a little something

A weapons holster.
Sometimes I want my most agressive colonists to move forward after shooting at the enemy from a further range.
Only problem I have is that sometimes the enemy is overpowered by lets say a sword or club, and I'm there, hitting him with my pistol.

What if there was a piece of clothing that could holster a smal firearm and a small melee weapon? (pistol + knife)
You would have to make them or strip them of enemies, but it sure could help increase combat skills.

Also in the same category:
Sunglasses: Increase accuracy when in brightly lit area, decreased accuracy during night/dark area
Backpack: doubled inventory space
Cane: Helps your old colonists with bad back problems move a bit faster.
Eye patch: when a colonist has his/her eye destroyed other think of them as hideous, an eye patch will make this less of a problem.

I wonder if there is anything you find usefull! Keep us updated when you can!
Steam: National7

ChimpX

Quote from: DFKabuto on April 12, 2016, 01:31:12 AM
The TV should emit light.

...and cause long-term eye and brain damage

Meow the Great

This is just a silly request but when I am picking out my survivors and imputing names it would be nice to be able to push the "TAB" key to switch between selections without having to go over and click the next box then returning to the keyboard.

jeffehboy

When I get prisoners, I will usually strip them down but then they are naked and my colonists wont bring them clothes unless i put a shelf or stockpile with cloths in the jail where the prisoner is. Can you make the colonist bring prisoners cloths. and/or allow colonists to strip specific items so I can strip them of there armor with out making them naked.

Also Orange Prison Clothes would be cool.