Guest can't leave

Started by TheNewNo2, June 17, 2015, 12:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNewNo2

I rescued a local tribesperson, unfortunately I realised once I'd got them back to my base that they'd had their leg shot off and thus couldn't move. Because they're a guest I can't perform an operation on them to give them a peg leg, and I can't evict them. My only options were to wait for them to die, kill them intentionally, or capture and perform an operation. I chose the latter, and because of that the tribe is now my enemy.

It's not a bug so much as an unintended consequence. I think that there needs to be an option to evict guests, or that factions should try and rescue their own people.

TLHeart

are you playing alpha 11? as that was changed so that you can operate on guests.

RickyMartini

Yup... you can operate them now.

TheNewNo2

I am on Alpha 11, but it didn't give me the option.

An update on the situtation - I captured them, gave them a new leg and released them. They didn't make it to the edge of the map, so I captured them again. Unfortunately because I released them it doesn't seem to count them as wardenable, so I again cannot get rid of them.

RickyMartini

When they are rescued they are marked as "Guest". You can verify this by clicking on your guest and on the lower left side it should have a "Guest" panel. On this particular panel you can decide if he gets medicine, treatment and food.

On his health panel you can perform all the operations that are also available for colonists. Giving them peg legs, removing limbs etc. works the same way.

TheNewNo2

And it did say guest, but on the health panel it didn't give me an option for operations. Perhaps because I hadn't allowed "gets medicine"?

RickyMartini

Quote from: TheNewNo2 on June 17, 2015, 01:38:53 PM
And it did say guest, but on the health panel it didn't give me an option for operations. Perhaps because I hadn't allowed "gets medicine"?

I wasn't sure and tested it right now. No, even when you forbid every interaction for your guest, you can still go to the health tab and put on any operation bill you want. Just like for your colonists.

Tynan

Hi TheNewNo, thanks for the report. Do you have a savegame you could post? That'd be much easier.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog