Use of medicine

Started by TheNewNo2, June 17, 2015, 04:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNewNo2

I think there needs to be an option somewhere as to how bad an injury needs to be before you're willing to use medicine on it. If my colonist gets a bruise, I don't want the doctor wasting valuable resources to sort it.

Axelios

Further on this, I would love some control of what medicines are allowed to be used. We have herbal, plain, and glitterworld. I don't want glitterwrld used for the first bruise, leaving only herbal for war wounds later. And i only want to use herbal on prisoners and visitors, unless they are someone I desperately want to heal and capture.

Give us choice. Give us freeeeedooom!
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

Lady Wolf

Tying it into the docs skill would be good too, since a poorly skilled medic likely will need a more advanced medkit to successfully treat the same injury the wizbang doc can without one.

The easiest way to implement it would be when right clicking and prioritizing the treatment of a person you have a few extra options, like "treat without medicine," "treat using the weakest medicine available," "treat using the best medicine available," etc.

This way you quickly triage their patients without needing to reassign stuff in a sub menu constantly.

Adding in % chance ticker to show the % the doc has of treating the wound with that choice before it's selected would also go a long way towards better managing the medical resources.

Euzio

More importantly as well, I would definitely love to see an option as to who we can use what kind of medicine on. For example, if its for treating prisoners, I only want to use herbal meds on them rather than the more expensive med-kits. I prefer to save those for treating my own colonists or for when I need them to construct hospital beds.