Turrets new type

Started by Respones, December 07, 2016, 10:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Respones

Type 2 improved turret that we can combine with different waepons:
- Pump Shotgun + turret = Pump Shotgun turret;
- Assault Rifle + turret = Assault Rifle turret;
- Minigun + turret = Minigun turret;
and others. Required AI core and many research.
Its make some more creative in this game.

skullywag

Is this a suggestion? Ima move this. Doesnt feel like a creative award, unless Tynans giving out free turrets.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Grishnerf

there are enough mods out for turrets in all Kind of styles.
on a sidenote = overpowered turrets/turrets in general and killboxes make the game boring.

this is more than a towerdefense minigame.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

Respones

Quote from: Grishnerf on December 07, 2016, 01:34:54 PM
there are enough mods out for turrets in all Kind of styles.
on a sidenote = overpowered turrets/turrets in general and killboxes make the game boring.
this is more than a towerdefense minigame.
No, I think that problem of killboxes is that we have only weak turrets, thats why people buld many of turrets as in tower defend games, making killboxes, labitints and other. Its only one way when in mid/late game comes horde of enemies. Now, at extreme killboxes are necessity. This is boring.
I offering making some more power t2 turrets, that would be stronger, harder to research, cost more resourse and having some limits. For example, you can build minigun turrets but only 4.
Anyway, having only one type turrets this is borig. Make some difference.
p.s. sorry for english

Serenity

The military turret from the More Vanilla Turrets mod is a good example. While other turrets in that mod are OP, that one strikes a nice balance. It's a clear improvement but it also costs more materials, more power and has a larger explosion radius.

ChaosChronicler

speaking of More Vanilla Turrets mod, we could use some maned guns. Can be a bit better than a turret, but at the risk of the gunner.

Just my two cents.

Konscience

With the risk of the manned gun being used by the enemy if the worst happen, hell that's a good idea :P seem "fun"