[MOD] (Alpha 8) A2B: conveyor belts & co. [v0.8.0]

Started by noone, August 18, 2014, 10:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PapaDookie

i'm having an issue with the bends in the conveyors. nothing wants to move past a bend. am i doing something majorly wrong by rotating them so they look like the curve is going the right way or something ?

Katamari

Quote from: PapaDookie on December 27, 2014, 04:46:02 AM
i'm having an issue with the bends in the conveyors. nothing wants to move past a bend. am i doing something majorly wrong by rotating them so they look like the curve is going the right way or something ?

I am having a similar issue and I can't figure it out.  I have one conveyer that is supposed to run into my freezer, but it just won't carry things into it...  Other conveyers that I build seem to work fine (I had issues earlier, but now they work), but this one will not.  All it is is a loader, one straight (through a wall), and an unloader, but items just sit on the loader and don't move...

harpo99999

PapaDookie

mine had plenty of power and things would move off the loader onto the couple of straight pieces. got to a corner and just stopped

noone

Quote from: harpo99999 on December 27, 2014, 04:27:32 AM
my wild guess is that it is related to the new variations of rock chunks for the different rock types

Yes, that would make sense. Rock chunks and slags always were a bit different than the rest, so this is most likely the cause of the error message. I suspect that the 'haulable' property has been altered somehow ...

Quote from: PapaDookie on December 27, 2014, 04:46:02 AM

Curves do not 'initialize' themselves - they get the direction to which to send items from the previous element feeding it. Provided that the curve is in the good orientation, and that the feeding belt is correctly connected, it should all work fine. If the items stop half-way on the curve, then your problem lies with the connection after the curve (either wrong alignment or something alike). A screenshot could help diagnose the issue better.

Quote from: Katamari on December 27, 2014, 01:24:08 PM
All it is is a loader, one straight (through a wall), and an unloader, but items just sit on the loader and don't move...

I had this happening once, but was unable to diagnose/reproduce since then. Not sure what the problem is, so I call this a 'feature' of the mod, rather than a proper bug. Your loader got stuck (probably some dust on the sensors). Turn it off - that will free the stuck item. Get a colonist to take it away, then turn the loader on, and see if it works. If not, then "your colonists must have messed up the wire polarization when assembling the loader", and it is now faulty. Deconstruct it, rebuild another one, and see if it works better.

Hope that helps ! Let me know how things work out ....

Zilch

any chance we can get a 'grabber' type input?
Can't put 100 conveyors on a drop location, game don't like it lol.
Some kind of ranged input beacon thing to auto grab anything around it.
:D
Either that or possibly a 'range' option for loaders, so my guys don't grab stuff at the end of the line and bring it all the way back to the loader.

Katamari

Quote from: Zilch on December 28, 2014, 06:25:40 AM
Either that or possibly a 'range' option for loaders, so my guys don't grab stuff at the end of the line and bring it all the way back to the loader.

If you look at his tutorials (check the first post), he explains how to avoid this: essentially just make sure that the Loader has the same Priority level as the final stockpile zone.  Then your colonists will put it on the loader end if it is closer than the stockpile, and will just carry it to the stockpile if it is closer than the loader (just make sure that the unloader is closer to the stockpile, else you might have an issue...)

nuschler22

I don't know if it's already been answered, I couldn't find it, but can the transporter be used through doors or walls?  Thank you!

Great mod, by the way.

harpo99999

Quote from: nuschler22 on December 28, 2014, 03:18:58 PM
I don't know if it's already been answered, I couldn't find it, but can the transporter be used through doors or walls?  Thank you!

Great mod, by the way.
the teleport is able to be used with a wall or walkway between

nuschler22

I've tried and can't get it to teleport through a wall.

What I'm trying to do is have it teleport through a wall into my freezer section. 

I have it orientated the way it's shown, but the food just sits on the transporter and doesn't get to the receiver.

Edit:  I removed the wall.  I can't get it to teleport at all.  Everything has power (and there is plenty excess power, 4000+w).

I have it set up exactly as shown.   

Teleporter
V
0 (Red)
Receiver
0 (Green)
Link
V
Unloader

Ideas?

noone

Quote from: nuschler22 on December 28, 2014, 05:20:00 PM
I have it set up exactly as shown.   

Teleporter
V
0 (Red)
Receiver
0 (Green)
Link
V
Unloader

Ideas?

Are the '0' marking the physical sizes of the elements ? Then it looks like your receiver is in the wrong direction ... The 'green' zone must be located towards the receiver, with the belt going out away from it (i.e. rotate by 90 deg. from the current set-up). Attaching a screenshot to the post would help clarifying the setup ...

nuschler22

Here's a screenshot.

[attachment deleted due to age]

noone

Alright, this is indeed the correct setup. So the fact that it doesn't work is puzzling. Without any error message, it is somewhat hard to diagnose this just like that. Can you confirm that you are using v0.8.0 of the mod ? Which version did you get (with or without source) ? Which element did you build first : the receiver or the teleporter (i.e. which one was actually constructed first) ?

If you are willing to do some more tests, it would be interesting:
1) to check what power requirement is listed in the teleporter panel
2) to unbuild the receiver and rebuild it at the exact same location
3) to unbuild the receiver and rebuild it one step further

Also, do you happen to have another receiver with the correct orientation further down the line ?

nuschler22

Quote from: noone on December 28, 2014, 07:00:50 PM
Alright, this is indeed the correct setup. So the fact that it doesn't work is puzzling. Without any error message, it is somewhat hard to diagnose this just like that. Can you confirm that you are using v0.8.0 of the mod ? Which version did you get (with or without source) ? Which element did you build first : the receiver or the teleporter (i.e. which one was actually constructed first) ?

If you are willing to do some more tests, it would be interesting:
1) to check what power requirement is listed in the teleporter panel
2) to unbuild the receiver and rebuild it at the exact same location
3) to unbuild the receiver and rebuild it one step further

Also, do you happen to have another receiver with the correct orientation further down the line ?

I'll do some more checking today, but.....
The latest version from download without source code (confirmed v 0.8.0), I've built both multiple times (at least twice for both).  I built the transporter than receiver, than the receiver than transporter in that order at least once each time.

This is the only receiver I have.

Power needed, 45, transporter and 20, receiver.

Rebuilt same spot, one spot further with no effect.

I'll re-download and perhaps start a new colony to see if there is any positive effect later. 

millenium

love the distance update for the teleporters helps when i have my farms deeper in the mountains.
question can a single receiver hook up with multiple teleporters think i saw a yes but just want to confirm.
theres an issue with the angle blocks only sending items in one direction no matter how i feed items into it.
theres also an issue with the selector block only going in one direction feed bottom left output up right. i also need on some builds feed bottom right output top left. it something i can work around but it takes up a bit of space.