[A16 Release] No Exit Direction Available (For Caravan Creation)

Started by DamnedChoir, December 21, 2016, 07:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DamnedChoir

I started a new Colony, and it was right adjacent to a village.

As far as I can tell, there are no mountains adjacent to me, however, if I try to create a Caravan, when I go to 'Exit Direction' I get a result of 'No Exit Direction Available'.

I'm directly adjacent to a village, though...so I should be able to move and caravan if they can move and caravan, right?

The only thing I can figure is that I'm too close to the edge of the world map (about 4 tiles away), that the nearby hills are impassible, or that being near the village somehow screws up the algorithm.

I have a screenshot of the dialog I got for illustration.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Tynan

Can you please post your savegame?

Or even just tell us your map seed and coordinates.

Ison will fix this.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Lolcakes

I'm having the same issue but a little different. Mine could be the impassible mountains but i see two places i can pass over them via regular mountains. I am also on the coast. I feel like if other caravans can get to me, I should be able to get to them. Let me know if this is a bug or if it's me being dumb with my colony placement.
Seed: ophelia
Coords: 6.86 S , 37.86 W

ison

Okay, I've made it so now any passable tile is a valid starting location for a caravan.

@Lolcakes This is because the only passable tile is to the north, and on your map there is no any way to go north. Just dig through the mountains until you reach the map edge and you'll be able to send caravans. Non-player-caravans ignore reachability for now, so they can enter your map anyway.