Combat Music

Started by vagineer1, June 15, 2014, 09:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vagineer1

When was combat music added? I've been in a few fights in the Alpha 4 series and I have not heard it once until I started my most recent colony.

I must admit the man who made the music is a badass. The music makes fights much more intense and awesome.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Tynan

I think that was new in A4. Al did it, of course, and yes, it's awesome.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

d_v8

Quote from: vagineer1 on June 15, 2014, 09:09:48 AM
I must admit the man who made the music is a badass. The music makes fights much more intense and awesome.

I definitely agree with you.
A frag grenade is a always an option.

foursaken

Ditto - fantastic music!!

AwesumnisRawr188

I love all the music, especially the whistling music. It sounds so western and stuff, it gives you a feeling of survival!

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Tynan on June 15, 2014, 09:43:03 AM
...Al did it, of course, and yes, it's awesome.

I read that as "The AI made the music." and was like, whaaa? then my brain clicks and kicks itself.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Mattaru

Quote from: AwesumnisRawr188 on June 15, 2014, 10:18:45 PM
I love all the music, especially the whistling music. It sounds so western and stuff, it gives you a feeling of survival!

for sure. one of the special traits should be 'dual wield' where a colonist can dual wield small handheld guns like pistols

wild west!

Astraeus

I really have to agree the music to this game is spot on.

drb89

The music is the best!

I remember the first time somebody told me about this game, I watched 10 seconds of the trailer and shut it off thinking this wasn't something for me. Later on more people were talking about the game, so I decided to watch the trailer again to find out what all the fuzz was about. Watching the trailer again, I noticed the music and the western feeling to it. Then watched the kickstarter video where Tynan talks about the inspiration, mentioning Firefly. I suddenly understood where this game could be heading, got really excited and bought the game moments later, not regretted a second.

Now I'm really looking forward to more music in the coming Alpha's.

vagineer1

Quote from: drb89 on June 16, 2014, 11:39:43 AM
The music is the best!

I remember the first time somebody told me about this game, I watched 10 seconds of the trailer and shut it off thinking this wasn't something for me. Later on more people were talking about the game, so I decided to watch the trailer again to find out what all the fuzz was about. Watching the trailer again, I noticed the music and the western feeling to it. Then watched the kickstarter video where Tynan talks about the inspiration, mentioning Firefly. I suddenly understood where this game could be heading, got really excited and bought the game moments later, not regretted a second.

Now I'm really looking forward to more music in the coming Alpha's.
What I would like is more variety in the non combat music.
You see this tank?

Tynan

Quote from: vagineer1 on June 16, 2014, 11:55:19 AM

Agreed, Al will make more.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

vagineer1

Quote from: Tynan on June 16, 2014, 11:57:15 AM
Quote from: vagineer1 on June 16, 2014, 11:55:19 AM

Agreed, Al will make more.

Nice, it is always good to have a nice selection of music to increase the immersion of the game. What about a Mechanoid attack? (The big bulky mechs) I was thinking of some sort of low pitched violin piece sort of like the beginning of One Winged Angel from FF7 Advent Children.
You see this tank?

Alistair Lindsay

Wow! Thanks so much for all your great feedback about the music! It's been just a joy to work on such a great game and Ty's direction and feedback throughout has massively helped to steer and finesse the score's outcome. Really looking forward to composing some more! :-)

vagineer1

Quote from: Alistair Lindsay on June 17, 2014, 04:14:21 AM
Wow! Thanks so much for all your great feedback about the music! It's been just a joy to work on such a great game and Ty's direction and feedback throughout has massively helped to steer and finesse the score's outcome. Really looking forward to composing some more! :-)

You, my good sir are certainly welcome. Have you thought about a piece of music for the Mechanoid attacks? Something unique?
You see this tank?

AwesumnisRawr188

I think a mechanoid attack could use some offkey and sorta wild beat, almost metallic sounding.