[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Gurrnt

I downloaded the latest version from GitHub and it's somehow using up 3.2-3.5 GB of RAM in the main menu... When it goes past 3.5 GB, it freezes or crashes.

Anyone know how to fix this? It happened to me before on vanilla using P-Music but I have no idea which part of Hardcore SK does this.

Zakhad

Quote from: Gurrnt on October 10, 2016, 07:26:01 AM
I downloaded the latest version from GitHub and it's somehow using up 3.2-3.5 GB of RAM in the main menu... When it goes past 3.5 GB, it freezes or crashes.

Anyone know how to fix this? It happened to me before on vanilla using P-Music but I have no idea which part of Hardcore SK does this.

When it happened before was it just with p music? The game runs fine for me even though its using 3.2gb in menu but then it goes down to about 2.7gb in game for me.

Are you using 32 bit windows?

How do you know its specifically a memory issue? Are you just literally waiting in the menu until it crashes?

Whats your installation process - don't quote the front page. what are you deleting / replacing / copying etc.

Also if this is still the case when the game crashes it should make a output_log.txt file in a folder with a date on it in your rimworld directory (Delete the others repeat the process so you get a fresh one so that you don't accidentally post the wrong info, or if you're sure about which one it was then you can post anyways.) then paste that info on pastebin and give us the link.

@Skyark or any dev - the high res graphics where do these go? (I assume they're for testing?) I took a logical guess and put them in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods\Core_SK\Textures\Things\Building\Surfaces"

Gurrnt

Quote from: Zakhad on October 10, 2016, 04:09:29 PM

When it happened before was it just with p music? The game runs fine for me even though its using 3.2gb in menu but then it goes down to about 2.7gb in game for me.

How do you know its specifically a memory issue? Are you just literally waiting in the menu until it crashes?

Whats your installation process - don't quote the front page. what are you deleting / replacing / copying etc.

Also if this is still the case when the game crashes it should make a output_log.txt file in a folder with a date on it in your rimworld directory (Delete the others repeat the process so you get a fresh one so that you don't accidentally post the wrong info, or if you're sure about which one it was then you can post anyways.) then paste that info on pastebin and give us the link.

When I installed P-Music in my vanilla game before (Along with other mods), the RAM usage went that high, when I de-activated P-Music, RAM usage went down to 1.2-1.5 GB instead of 3-3.5GB.

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit with 8GB of RAM.

I downloaded Hardcore-SK from github and use the mod files without the extras like high res surfaces, overwrite my Rimworld A14's core with the mod's, in the load order the first three are Core, Core-SK, and CCL.

Zakhad

Quote from: Gurrnt on October 11, 2016, 08:40:31 AM
Quote from: Zakhad on October 10, 2016, 04:09:29 PM

When I installed P-Music in my vanilla game before (Along with other mods), the RAM usage went that high, when I de-activated P-Music, RAM usage went down to 1.2-1.5 GB instead of 3-3.5GB.

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit with 8GB of RAM.

I downloaded Hardcore-SK from github and use the mod files without the extras like high res surfaces, overwrite my Rimworld A14's core with the mod's, in the load order the first three are Core, Core-SK, and CCL.

I was thinking it might have been a memory leak or a 32 bit ram limitation.

Curious that you mention load order, have you by chance not been aware that the modpack comes with a config that you need to put in "AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config"? As load orders never need to be touched in modpacks other than activating a few optional mods at the bottom.

That could cause a crash if its not the one that comes with the pack. But I doubt this is the case. Strange that it would crash at 3.5gb. Specifically you need to give us some crash logs to work with, atm we're just guessing at what could be wrong.

malgrumm

im not sure if this is a bug but with the fuel settings i have put it at refill at 20% on both my steam gen and coal plants and yet once my colonists that can feed them put a stack of 75 kindling/coal/peat in they leave them alone almost permanently, not refilling once they go below that. there's is only a single steam gen that's randomly filled with up to 20 pieces of kindling and that's not enough to keep all my electric things running! would setting it higher change the priority in any way?

zmadz

man as much as i love this mod pack,  that much i hate it, so many good stuff here that i wish people updated for newer versions of rimworld. Terminators are broken(regeneration is  op) , playing with tribals i had an event and saved one he just melee hunted everything for me while others did the crafting/cooking/mining also i been getting bugs with terminator infiltrators that are guests they don't go to guest room and just starve to death then come and try to attack me once they are "reborn".

skyarkhangel

Quote from: zmadz on October 12, 2016, 04:48:19 PM
man as much as i love this mod pack,  that much i hate it, so many good stuff here that i wish people updated for newer versions of rimworld. Terminators are broken(regeneration is  op) , playing with tribals i had an event and saved one he just melee hunted everything for me while others did the crafting/cooking/mining also i been getting bugs with terminator infiltrators that are guests they don't go to guest room and just starve to death then come and try to attack me once they are "reborn".

plz detail, what problem with skynet? It has not completed yet to end. I'am still wokring on it.
Yes, covert guest specially kill yourself to reborn as machine. Its need to restructure pawn :)

P.S. Great, 500k topic views :) Now it is one of the most visited topics on Ludeon forum. I think it is deserved, because we have a lot of work. On github already reached 1k+ commits.

kaptain_kavern

dr3am3r5

As much as I love this mod I have a severe problem. There is no generic or refrigerated hopper. I looked everywhere, researched everything, it's not in misc, and not in production. Hence my steam generator doesn't get refilled, neither does the coal generator. Pawns do not refill steam or coal generator, nor do they refill the coal burner. Furnace isn't working as well. I cant smelt anything even if I have tons of coal and ores. This is really a game breaking problem. I tried reinstalling, the game, and hardcore sk did all the things as described. It just doesn't work. I'm using a14 1249 rev955 and latest hardcore sk from github. Kindly help.
Thanks and regards

Dragnov

Hello there, I have picked up this modpack after long break... but I can't find how to activate Prepare Carefully? There used to be an option while creating colonists, but not anymore.

Anyone could help me out?

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Dragnov on October 13, 2016, 05:36:34 PM
Hello there, I have picked up this modpack after long break... but I can't find how to activate Prepare Carefully? There used to be an option while creating colonists, but not anymore.

Anyone could help me out?

Download from github master tree, latest version. Prepare Carefully already exist.

Skynet SK mod, salvation event present (already works on github master tree):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI0B71ASkWI
ps. sorry, created on russian language.

malgrumm

Quote from: dr3am3r5 on October 13, 2016, 03:25:57 PM
As much as I love this mod I have a severe problem. There is no generic or refrigerated hopper. I looked everywhere, researched everything, it's not in misc, and not in production. Hence my steam generator doesn't get refilled, neither does the coal generator. Pawns do not refill steam or coal generator, nor do they refill the coal burner. Furnace isn't working as well. I cant smelt anything even if I have tons of coal and ores. This is really a game breaking problem. I tried reinstalling, the game, and hardcore sk did all the things as described. It just doesn't work. I'm using a14 1249 rev955 and latest hardcore sk from github. Kindly help.
Thanks and regards

i think the Hoppers were "removed" in some way....as for your power gen? i have that problem to a similar degree, mine just gets randomly filled once or twice and then left alone!

dr3am3r5

Exactly the same problem. Sometimes someone decides to fill them then they ignore it completely.
Someone posted above that if you place a hauler next to the gen and draft/undraft them then they refill the gen. I'll try it and post whether that works or not.

dr3am3r5

Sky Buddy can you help with my problem please? Thanks and regards

sidfu

Quote from: dr3am3r5 on October 14, 2016, 05:08:13 AM
Exactly the same problem. Sometimes someone decides to fill them then they ignore it completely.
Someone posted above that if you place a hauler next to the gen and draft/undraft them then they refill the gen. I'll try it and post whether that works or not.

correct if u do that they fill it then. i think the probelm lies in the refuel at. cause whenn u look at it it can hold 300 fuel but they never put in a stack over 75.

i love the new fuel systemm but hopely they can work that out as its annoying as hell if u dont have coal to use as coal= 1 season of fuel.