5 phantom loading benches were dropped into my colony

Started by mvargus, October 02, 2017, 09:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mvargus

I don't know how exactly to explain this one.  I had just started the game back up when I noticed a huge hole in the north wall of my colony.  I tried to just rebuild the wall, but the system beeped and said that building the wall would interfere with an interaction spot.   The problem was nothing was there.

I opened dev mode and after a couple of tests found that 5 "loading benches" had somehow had their blueprint loaded, but the objects were not built.  They did claim the area though.

I tried "Tool: Destroy" as well as god mode deconstruction and cancel, but nothing will remove these invisible benches that I never built.

Calahan

Can you please post a save file where this is occurring. And please can you confirm whether or not you are using any mods.

mvargus

how/where would I post the save file.  I can't attach it here, its too big.

And I do use quite a few mods, but I had not changed the mods in the last 7 days and this suddenly occurred yesterday evening.

Calahan

If you compress the save file using a utility such as WinRAR or 7zip then you might be able to post it as an attachment (600kb limit). Otherwise you can use a third party service such as Dropbox or GoogleDrive (or one of many file hosting sites) to host the file and then post the download link.

It might also be helpful if you posted your log file. Details on where to find it can be found here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0 (you can double post if you need to as I doubt you can attach both a log file and save game to the same post. Or just edit one of your other posts in this thread and attach the log or save to that).

I'll also move this to mod bugs for now as even though you haven't changed your mods recently, a mod is still the most likely cause of this (plus Tynan prefers the bug forum to be strictly for vanilla bugs only. This can always be moved back to bugs if this does turn out to be a vanilla bug).

SpaceDorf

Please Excuse me, but I have to put it out there before it burns a hole in my tongue.

It seems like you encountered a Phantom Menace.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.