How often do AIs steal things?

Started by Tynan, August 10, 2016, 09:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How often do raiders steal things from your colony?

Never
31 (51.7%)
Rarely, it could be more
22 (36.7%)
Seems about right
5 (8.3%)
Too often
1 (1.7%)
Way too often
1 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Tynan

Trying to do some balancing - let me know about your experiences with AI stealing!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

CannibarRechter

Is this a reference to traders, or raiders deciding to take stuff instead of raid?
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Juan el Demgrafo

Only happened once, but it hasn't happened since. Probably because I have my stockpiles behind my front line.
240 hours on Steam of this 2017-7-23.

Quote from: Shurp on July 29, 2016, 06:30:22 PM
...tell her to go stand in the corner of her bedroom, and beat her when she tires of it.

I really need to finish researching beer.

Mechanoid Hivemind

It seems they will capture a down pawn vs taking gold or something. If a pawn is down and they flee its always capturing that pawn/pawns
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Ford_Prefect

I think I remember seeing it once.  Several months ago.  :o

Snownova

I'd like a cat-burglar raid event. Unannounced, a number of raiders appear who sap into your base and attempt to steal your silver. Only if they are seen by a colonist are you alerted to their presence.

Mikhail Reign

Raiders can steal stuff? Never had it happen. I always have my stuff behind my firing line - there is nothing sitting in the open to steal. 99% of the time, to steal anything from a colony everyone would have to be dead first

Kagemusha12

Depends ... what do they take with them?

Only gold and silver?
Or also, for example, meals?

I am sure that not one of them ever got to my gold and silver supplies ...
but I think I had one time when they destroyed one of the climate control units of my fridge,
that I was missing a lot of my fine meals afterwards

Blato

My valuable supplies are always firmly tucked inside my base, only thing that radiers ever did is go after unwalled solar plants and kidnapping downed colonists

Mostly because I like to sail out when they are prepping and counter assaulting them, gives me room to fall back if things don't go as planned

Mihsan

I almost never see this to happen because my colonists either won the battle or they are all dead/downed. It is pretty impossible situation when [my colonists are alive] + [pirates are near my undefended stuff].

Only one time because somehow I prepared to stop them at wrong place and forgot to close my back door I saw how pirates charge in my empty base to steal stuff . There they took some expensive statues and raw plasteel after which they saw my non-violent person... with ~20 trained labradors on him. Not many pirates made it out alive from that barking hell just to be shot by main forces that was in the right place this time. It was AWESOME.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

noxLP

Never happened to me, even when raiders entered the base destroying walls with sappers, the only thing I've seen is kidnapping downed colonists, and that happened only one time.

Coenmcj

For them to steal things, my colonists would need to be dead or dying. I tend to have my stockpiles within the centre or the rear of my colonies, rarely near the firing lines.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Shinzy

Quote from: Coenmcj on August 11, 2016, 06:47:24 AM
For them to steal things, my colonists would need to be dead or dying. I tend to have my stockpiles within the centre or the rear of my colonies, rarely near the firing lines.

Same, my storages are always tucked away far behind where all the murdering happen
never seen any robbery attempts so far

CannibarRechter

> I'd like a cat-burglar raid event. Unannounced, a number of raiders appear who sap into your base and attempt to steal your silver. Only if they are seen by a colonist are you alerted to their presence.

This right here. Also, they should go after your stock animals.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

ThiIsMe007

I've seen hostile raiders on vanilla attempting to steal some of my colonists' stuff after their initial attack was repelled (I got a message saying so) and some of my loot was still close by. Since my colonists went berserk on the raiding thief-wannabee, raiders finally chose to flee altogether.

The only other times I've witnessed the AI "stealing" was when my colonists had peaceful guests that arrived without any kind of sustenance, in which case they "borrowed" some of my colonists' meals. Since I used several mods at the time, and "Hospitality" in particular, I can't vouch for this also happening on vanilla.

All in all, I am pretty happy with how things currently are. It wouldn't bother me if it happened more frequently, since, like others, my stuff is quickly stashed deeper within fortifications for it to really matter I think.

If there is ONE thing I heartedly despise, it's boomalopes feeding on my strawberry fields. That's usually the time I draft the whole of my colonists for them to start a frantic rain dance.