[A14] Community Core Library v0.14.3.1

Started by RWCCLTeam, October 20, 2015, 12:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galvenox

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 10, 2016, 08:40:35 AM
CompLowIdleDraw iirc. Look at the modders' release examples.

right... I have no idea what you're talking about unfortunately, I don't know how to mod whatsoever. I would like to learn though. what should I do exactly?

Quote from: Galvenoxright... I have no idea what you're talking about unfortunately, I don't know how to mod whatsoever. I would like to learn though. what should I do exactly?

First, download the modders release of CCL then;  open your text editor, such as NotePad (or any of the freely available much better text editors from the internet) and then...

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032)Look at the modders' release examples.

It's xml, it's as easy as it gets.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Krutchen

Quote from: Krutchen on May 12, 2016, 11:28:57 PM
Well, I've been playing around with embrasures and seeing what's going on and why enemies won't fire through them. It appears as though the deciding factor is or not a raider sees ANYONE outside. If everyone is inside, ie if there's a door between the raider and the target, they won't fire, but the moment the raiders can detect anyone outdoors, they will start firing through embrasures. This is really strange, but i'm going to see if I can find a way around any of this.

So, I posted this in the Combat Realism thread. Would it be possible to make it so AI can detect people that are behind doors and whatnot? Because the big problem is, as I said in the CR thread, that once someone is closed off behind a door, raiders don't target them. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but if you have any mods add things like Embrasures, or windows, this can create a serious imbalance, your colonists can easily pop off shots at people with now threat to themselves whatsoever.
Would one need to make a detour for letting raiders fire through or at embrasures whilst someone is behind a door?

skullywag

We would need to find where that weakness in the AI code is first. Its probably in the selectbesttargetfor or whatever. Ill have a look and see if i cant find the cause of this.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Krutchen

Quote from: skullywag on May 13, 2016, 03:18:30 AM
We would need to find where that weakness in the AI code is first. Its probably in the selectbesttargetfor or whatever. Ill have a look and see if i cant find the cause of this.

Right on, Skullywag, thanks for the timely reply. Just a matter of hunting through the source code now, eh?
Do you think if ((byte)(flags & TargetScanFlags.NeedReachable) != 0) within Verse.AI > AttackTargetFinder may be the culprit?

if (AttackTargetFinder.HasRangedAttack(searcher))
{
AttackTargetFinder.tmpTargets.Clear();
List<IAttackTarget> potentialTargetsFor = Find.AttackTargetsCache.GetPotentialTargetsFor(searcher);
for (int i = 0; i < potentialTargetsFor.Count; i++)
{
AttackTargetFinder.tmpTargets.Add((Thing)potentialTargetsFor[i]);
}
if ((byte)(flags & TargetScanFlags.NeedReachable) != 0)
{
Predicate<Thing> oldValidator = predicate;
predicate = delegate(Thing t)
{
if (!oldValidator(t))
{
return false;
}
if (searcherPawn != null)
{
if (!searcherPawn.CanReach(t, PathEndMode.Touch, Danger.Some, false, TraverseMode.ByPawn))
{
return false;
}
}
else if (!searcher.Position.CanReach(t, PathEndMode.Touch, TraverseParms.For(TraverseMode.NoPassClosedDoors, Danger.Deadly, false)))
{
return false;
}
return true;
};
}
Thing result = GenClosest.ClosestThing_Global(searcher.Position, AttackTargetFinder.tmpTargets, maxTargDist, predicate);
AttackTargetFinder.tmpTargets.Clear();
return result;
}

appears to be checking if a ranged weapon user can physically reach the target, which sounds a lot like what the problem I was having is. If there's a blockage, like say, a door, but if searcherpawn is null it does a second check whilst ignoring the doors?
Hold on though, that doesn't make that much sense to me though - Why would a ranged weapon user need to be able to actually reach the target? There's checks in place for line of sight already, and with the CR LaunchProjectile there's checks for cover height and whatnot as well. Shouldn't searcherPawn.CanReach be reserved for melee based attackers instead, since they're the ones that actually need to reach the target, or is this static named incorrectly?

Unless i'm reading into this incorrectly, could changing this make it so that ranged attackers can target through objects?

Krutchen

Update, I did it. Hell to the yeah.
Put the detour in with combat reality, now i'm faced with the problem of enemies shooting right the hell on through my embrasures, Lol.
Maybe I should make an Opacity float that falls off with range, that affects CanSee or something?

Fymothar

I have a problem with CCL. Not sure why it is occuring but everytime I try to install it (mark it in mods section and place it under the core) and go back to main menu, all of the button labels dissapears, only the links stay. Can't start a game or even quit it. Anyone knows why it is happening?

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Galvenox on May 10, 2016, 07:32:10 AM
Quote from: RWCCLTeam on October 20, 2015, 12:08:39 PM
What the "Vanilla Tweaks" mod offers

Power Savings
Most buildings will not draw power when they are not in use. This includes the cookstove, television, etc but will remain connected to the power grid. Some exceptions include the comms console which always draws full power.

is there a way to make custom buildings (added by other mods) save power like that?
open the \Mods\Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks\Defs\ModHelperDefs\ folder.
edit ModHelper_VanillaTweaks.xml  (notepad works)

you will find sections with comments (<!-- is a comment) such as ' <!-- 1/4 power draw when idle -->', '<!-- 10 watts idle -->' and '<!-- 0 watts when not in use -->'..

if you look at my copy of the file which is attached, you will see I added the DefNames for the ED_Omnigel crafting tables to the 'cycle full/half power'.. and it works.

I got the DefNames from editing Buildings_Production_Replicator.xml in the \Mods\ED-OmniGel\Defs\ThingDefs folder.. the names are case sensitive.

You don't need to know how to code per se... just how to precisely edit text files.. which is all that xml ultimately is .

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Quote from: FymotharI have a problem with CCL. Not sure why it is occuring but everytime I try to install it (mark it in mods section and place it under the core) and go back to main menu, all of the button labels dissapears, only the links stay. Can't start a game or even quit it. Anyone knows why it is happening?

Please refer to the "How to report issues" section in the original post.  No help will be given without following basic instructions first.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.