[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man_Jones

So why doesn't the extended storage item use both tiles of the item. I.e. a food barrel where the "right" tile gets the storage compaction but the "left" one only carries a normal stack.

Canute

So far i read it isn't possible to change the stacksize just for one tile, but it is possible to create larger quantities by commands.
That feature use extended storage, one tile is the input with the regular stacksize limit. The script scan the input and when it is the same like the other/storage tile it delete the old storage and create a new stack with the new size at the storage.

Kassidoo

Hi, your additional Lightings mod's "Path Light" causes the console to put out this all the time:
Exception ticking Lighting_PathLamp1262277: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Verse.Find.get_RoofGrid'.
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Lethe

Quote from: Kassidoo on April 16, 2017, 10:27:34 AM
Hi, your additional Lightings mod's "Path Light" causes the console to put out this all the time:
Exception ticking Lighting_PathLamp1262277: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Verse.Find.get_RoofGrid'.

You tried building one? Yeah, he hasn't finished working on that yet. Delete the pathlight, it'll get rid of your error. If you put another one up you'll get the errors again.

He seems like he was trying to create a solar powered path light, and tries to get the game to check if there is a roof (which would mean there's no sunlight for power), but he didn't finish it and it isn't complete.

shadowstitch

I noticed that pathlight error as well, only AFTER peppering the perimeter of my base with the things.
It's a really cool idea, shame they aren't fully functional yet. Ended up just removing the thingdef entirely so I wouldn't be tempted.

CuproPanda had a lovely chandelier restricted to building under roof tiles, and you could still put things under it, but he was using a couple custom placeworkers in the assembly. Since CCL is still unfortunately out of date, and the vanilla game curiously doesn't contain an inverse of "placeworker_notunderroof", I changed:

<altitudeLayer>Building</altitudeLayer>
    <passability>PassThroughOnly</passability>

in the def to:

<altitudeLayer>MoteOverhead</altitudeLayer>
    <passability>Standable</passability>

It's kind of exploity, because I can place the ceiling lamp anywhere, even floating in midair outside, but that's the tradeoff for a functional overhead ceiling light.
Just have to resist the temptation to abuse it -- easier than compiling a dll to fix it.  ;)

Kassidoo

Quote from: Lethe on April 16, 2017, 08:31:59 PM
Quote from: Kassidoo on April 16, 2017, 10:27:34 AM

You tried building one? Yeah, he hasn't finished working on that yet. Delete the pathlight, it'll get rid of your error. If you put another one up you'll get the errors again.

He seems like he was trying to create a solar powered path light, and tries to get the game to check if there is a roof (which would mean there's no sunlight for power), but he didn't finish it and it isn't complete.

I think it might have to do with the changes to tick system (?) as other mods that adds solars also had to be rebuilt in A16, and tight now the lamp is stuck at 0.00% sun all the time which I suspect is the cause

skullywag

Path lamps are WIP, I should label them as such but havent. They will error on you, I think ive got them working better in my local version. Ill tidy it up one way or the other for A17.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Nitneuk

Hi ! I have a problem with ExtendedMedicine, I have 2 neutroamines, 2 synthreads and 2 medicines but I cannot craft Glitterworld Medicine : need materials.
And my crafter as the requested competence (Crafter 13 Doctor 15). I don't really understand...

Karen2

Quote from: skullywag on April 18, 2017, 06:13:39 AM
Path lamps are WIP, I should label them as such but havent. They will error on you, I think ive got them working better in my local version. Ill tidy it up one way or the other for A17.

Any hope for fix for A16?

Silas_

I don't suppose it's possible to sneak these into my A17 game?  P.S. Thanks Skully

SurrealSadi

Considering A17 -just- came out, I'd say Skullywag hasn't had a chance to update yet. Give it a few days. Or a week :). As much as I love these mods, I'm more than willing to wait for Skullywag to find the time to update.

Silas_

Right, I mean if some of them might just work out of the box.

Sixdd

Most mods that have an assembly file associated with them won't work out of the box. I'm just hoping that Extended Storage is one of the first, I've become spoiled having barrels and shelves for things and now it's all laying on the ground like a third world butcher shop.

DariusWolfe

Can confirm the Lights mod works, coolers and vents sorta work (some minor weirdness, but otherwise functional) but extended surgery doesn't. I don't play with any of the others.

Silas_

Quote from: DariusWolfe on May 29, 2017, 01:10:56 PM
Can confirm the Lights mod works, coolers and vents sorta work (some minor weirdness, but otherwise functional) but extended surgery doesn't. I don't play with any of the others.

Thanks.  By the by, what kind of weirdness?