Rimworld is lossing money (and my suggestions on how to fix it)

Started by JoJoeysHeartoftheCards, July 21, 2018, 10:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoJoeysHeartoftheCards

By losing I mean it's not gaining it. The cost is still $30 on steam, and everyone who would have bought it for that price has already bought it. My suggestion is to lower the price to $15 to $20. This will cause more people to buy the game, thus increasing the money gained by the devs. And if the devs are concerned that this won't work, why not test it in a steam sale.

mightyhuhn

rimworld is currently in the top 25 best selling games on steam and it is atleast in the top 50 top selling games like every day.

if you half the price you need to double the number of sells.
games like factorio that will not got on sale in the near furture and by making this clear are also selling good even after rising the price.

and most importantly we both DON'T know if they are loosing momey, doing greate or are swimming in it.

Klomster

Seeing how many are just on this forum i'd guess rimworld is doing perfectly fine.

Tynan doesn't go hungry is my bet.

Third_Of_Five

1. I'm pretty sure you, just like everyone else, know absolutely jack about how much money Rimworld is actually making. Let's not pretend to know what we clearly don't.

2. I really don't think Tynan made this game with the goal of making as much money as possible. Otherwise this game would be very different, and would probably be full of micro-transactions.

Someone else has already pointed out the factorio example, so I won't go into any detail about that.

I really don't think it's our place to be making suggestions about financial matters. This is just my personal opinion, but I like to read/post suggestions on the forums in order to make the game more enjoyable to play, not to concern myself with the game's sales or profit.