[W|0.7.583] Shooting & Rescuing Without Arms

Started by SpazMan777, October 11, 2014, 10:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpazMan777

The title isn't entirely accurate because it was one arm and a hand... haha.  Let me run through what happened.

A colonist is wielding a sniper rifle and is in the process of aiming.  He is shot, and loses his left hand and entire right arm.  He is now disabled: his manipulation becomes 0% (None) and drops his gun - however, STILL ends up taking a shot after the fact (There's a good two seconds after he drops the gun and still fires).

As a follow up, now without a left hand and right arm, for funzies I asked him to rescue a fellow incapacitated colonist... which he did successfully.  Well, until his head got shot off, but he died trying!

I have video of this occurring.  http://www.twitch.tv/spazman777/c/5275570
I do not typically submit bug reports because I heavily modify my game, so I know mods can "taint" the real picture - however in this case, I felt I needed to submit, as I have no mods that revolve around colonists, their appendages, or their ability to use their arms and hands (I only change the UI and add new buildings).

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

ShadowTani

I noticed this too today and I rarely mod my game - for A7 I've been mod free so far.

In my scenario the raider lost both his arms and dropped his gun in a one-on-one sniping duel with my colonist, but he was still able to finish his last full aim (with a M24) and shot after that. The expected behavior is that his attack would be canceled upon this happening.

As for rescuing colonists with zero manipulation, I think that one has been since A6, and it's also true for capturing/arresting people I believe. It seems these actions have not been given any body function requirement and I'm guessing that's an oversight.

SpazMan777

Quote from: ShadowTani on October 15, 2014, 08:36:44 AM
As for rescuing colonists with zero manipulation, I think that one has been since A7, and it also affects capturing/arresting people I believe. It seems these actions have not been given any body function requirement and I'm guessing that's an oversight.

Yes I concur; I'm seeing people without arms still do functions around the base, such as cut down trees, manufacture goods, etc.  Seems the manipulation skill isn't fully fleshed out just yet (pun intended).

It's good to know others are experiencing these two issues in an un-modded environment.  I feel bad for poisoning my game and not being able to properly contribute to bug-hunts.

richeygator

Quote from: StorymasterQ on October 12, 2014, 10:49:00 PM
TELEKINESIS!
you just gave me the best idea for a mod ever-by crafting together an ai core,arms and legs
it gives you 100% manipulation regardless of your arms

also ive had a colonist take a shot after they lose manipulation-only 1 tho
got killed about half a second later so didnt have time to test it
i won't have a god complex,everyone else has a mortal complex.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7248.0
play the first rimworld RTD