Help with storage zones

Started by Fitz, May 06, 2016, 11:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fitz

Hi all, I have had a search but can't find anything on it, when I was playing on a12 with hardcore sk all my storage zones started with everything turned off instead of having to clear it and reset, which is 10 times easier (especially with expanded storage mods!). I have looked through the old sk mod list and can't see a mod that does this.  If anyone could point me towards it, or if it an easy fix let me know how and I'll do it myself.

Thanks in advance for any help

Jakub k.

um...you know right there is a vanilla button to do that...

Fitz

Hmmm, no I did not. I have just double checked (I did check before posting) through all the options and can't see any way to do this either through stockpile controls or game options, either before or after I load the game. I remember it was in options under a12, I thought it was a mod. Maybe one of my mods has removed the option? Or am I just being stupid again ...

Jakub k.

circled in red

ps: my game is heavily modded,with almost every functioning mod on the forums,but i ASSURE you the button is not from a mod

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Fitz

Ah I see a touch of confusion here. I mean that ALL storage zones and items start auto-cleared instead of having to clear all on each individually, then reset up the item I want. I am well aware of the 'clear all' button, but this mod/option made setting up storage rooms with multiple items from extended storage soooo much easier

Jakub k.

so....ok....whats the problem? you just select the items you want

Fitz

I don't think you are getting the point here.  I set 20 wooden pallets (from extended storage) to build.  I go sort something else out come back to 20 built storage zones full of random crap that I then have to manually clear, re-set up each one then haul off all the random stuff that got dumped after it got built before it starts functioning as intended. This option (which I had running on a12 and was simply requesting if anyone knew what it was called or how to change it myself) prevents the random crap and I can simply go over each one and enable the 1 thing I want on each, which when setting up all my storage solutions as my base gets dug out (always in rock, too much dwarf fortress lol) saves a huge amount of time, clicks and micro management. I wish I still had my a12 set up so I could screenshot the particular tick box in the options menu. I was thinking it was edb interface, but reading through it I couldn't see any reference, neither could I see anything that matched in the old hardcore sk list of mods, which is why I asked on here in the hopes that someone could advise me ...

Jakub k.