[A14] A Dog Said... (Core-friendly animal surgery)

Started by Nattiejim, July 19, 2016, 07:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

witchyspoon

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 19, 2016, 09:56:28 PM
As i have updated DESurgeries i saw that now the system has changed.

It's in the DefsRaces that you specify which recipes (in that case surgeries  ;) )  under each race defs.

Now i'm wondering if i should try to put the most of them in the AnimalThingBase in order to not have to add each recipe under each animals :p

ok so you mean all we have to do is add under every animal in all the race defs something like
    <recipes>
      <li>InstallBionicEyeAnimal</li>
      <li>InstallPegLegAnimal</li>
       etc etc..
      <li>ExciseCarcinoma</li>
      <li>RemoveBodyPart</li>
      <li>Euthanize</li>
    </recipes>
?

kaptain_kavern

Yep something like that. In fact. Manage to put all the recipe in Animalbase.xml

So every animal is eligible to receive all of them. It seems to work (I'm testing it ATM) but all animal size show all the size of bionics legs and prosthetics.

I guess I'll have to check each animal def for just add the right size of bionics and prosthetics legs.   

Plus it goes along well with EPOE and DEsurgeries without bug it seems

Nattiejim

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 19, 2016, 11:08:00 PM
Yep something like that. In fact. Manage to put all the recipe in Animalbase.xml

So every animal is eligible to receive all of them. It seems to work (I'm testing it ATM) but all animal size show all the size of bionics legs and prosthetics.

I guess I'll have to check each animal def for just add the right size of bionics and prosthetics legs.   

Thank you for your work! You've been a great help, and I'd like to say thank you.
Hello there! | Creator of the Balancing Act mod

witchyspoon

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 19, 2016, 11:08:00 PM

that's awesome! But don't forget that monkeys use bionic/prosthetic animalarms not legs! ;) (and maybe megatheriums too)

witchyspoon

How about a new preview image for the mod?  :)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

kaptain_kavern

Ok guys. It works.

I'm doing a proper release on Github, like now. (couple of minutes ;) )

Nattiejim

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 20, 2016, 12:04:24 AM
Ok guys. It works.

I'm doing a proper release on Github, like now. (couple of minutes ;) )
Great! Can't wait to see it.

kaptain_kavern

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand  done !

https://github.com/kaptain-kavern/ADogSaid/releases/tag/1.0

Click on Source code (zip) to download.

Also i have include your nice image for preview :D

In order to speed up the release i have disable the sized bionic and prosthetic for now. There is just one size now.

It was either that or release in 12-14h from now. As here it's 7 o'clock in the morning (i'm French ;) and i haven't sleep yet)

On another hand, did You guys take on you to maintain this thread? or i do another one?

Also did you know github?

Nattiejim

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 20, 2016, 12:48:46 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand  done !

https://github.com/kaptain-kavern/ADogSaid/releases/tag/1.0

Click on Source code (zip) to download.

Also i have include your nice image for preview :D
Great job!

I'll update the thread with the Github and Dropbox links shortly. Thank you both for collaborating on the mod with me, I appreciate it!

kaptain_kavern

Was talking about github because it is handy to maintain the mod together. Plus it as bug tracker + wiki :p

witchyspoon

oookay..soo it seems to work mostly, but ostrich, emu, cassowary, and turkey can only recieve animal eyes (no pegleg prosthetic or bionic legs) and megatherieum also eyes and arms but no legs. Also the Animal Jaws seem to be missing completely from the mod (which is kinda bad bc w/o a jaw they starve to death ;P)

kaptain_kavern

OK so I will look into that in a couple of hours. Now i know where it's done, it shouldn't be difficult.

If you know how and willing to help maintaining you can use the bug tracker on github I linked above.

And if you want I can add you two as admin to maintain bug tracking, maybe doing a wiki and such.   In a way you can't refuse as I have added both of you in the about.xml. :-p

witchyspoon

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 20, 2016, 01:10:24 AM
OK so I will look into that in a couple of hours. Now i know where it's done, it shouldn't be difficult.

If you know how and willing to help maintaining you can use the bug tracker on github I linked above.

And if you want I can add you two as admin to maintain bug tracking, maybe doing a wiki and such.   In a way you can't refuse as I have added both of you in the about.xml. :-p

lol yeah sure go ahead..my github name is the same..but I'm pretty sure that I will be of no help bc I've no idea what I'm doing xD

Nattiejim

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 20, 2016, 01:10:24 AM

My Github's the same as well.

kaptain_kavern

Bionics Cassowaries Of Death - Update 1.0.1
on Github (Click on Source code (zip))

AFAIK this should be totally save compatible, but be sure to completely erase the old folder (proper mods updating method)

- Big birds and Megatherium can now have artificial legs too
- Remove some useless files