Warning! Be on the lookout for escaped convicts! (RP playthrough) Concluded

Started by Vaporisor, April 23, 2016, 12:47:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

35quebec

I am playing heavily modded and have colony of 18 people, everyone has power armor and superior+ charge rifles except my brawlers who have good+ plasteel longswords, I set up a bill on my best brawler to add his final piece of bionics, an advance bionic eye, well my skill 20 doc decides to cut out his heart and brain, then broke because she had just killed her husband on top of other stuff and kill two others

Vaporisor

Uh!  Dang!  Must admit I have never had anything that insane from the RNG yet!  You really need to put that story up in it's own post!!!
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 11th Summer 5502

Seems like the Criminalists are taking things into their own hands finally.  Must be wanting their defector back.  Combat went as expected with them being no threat to our front lines.  We do appreciate the gear being delivered.  So much food that even the barn is full.  More bodies than the pigs can eat.

Valkyrie has completed one of her first pieces of artwork.  While we originally started the art to make money, the quality and message in this piece was a bit beyond our initial expectations.  We decided to set it up in the dining hall where everybody can reflect on it.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 11th Fall 5502

Being on the goodside of the tribespeople definitely has it's moments.  Today we had the Whales drop down on us.  Judging by the equipment they brought, looks like it would have been a tough siege.  Been quite problematic dealing with it as toxic fallout started falling from who knows where.

Fortunately, the Whales didn't verify their drop point and dropped right into some tribal villagers who were leaving after stopping by for a few minutes.  Outnumbered and overpowered, those Whales were dispatched without us ever needing to step foot past our walls!

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 14th Fall 5502

I think my concerns might not be so unfounded.  Today we had an incident with both Cai and Red going berserk and attacking Leira without provocation.  They were amongst the first to join us and the who I considered to be the most loyal of our pawns.  I will need to investigate further.  I would rather not deal with insurrection, but perhaps we can let Red build that saloon she has been talking about for so long.

We won't let Red use it though.  Her little temper tantrum cost Leira her foot.  Fortunately we have a bionic leg to help get her back... on her feet... but that will come out of Red's pay.

While alcohol can lead to confrontations and occasionally cause productivity problems, it also can loosen lips.  Maybe somebody will say something to help us figure out what is going on.

A side problem.  We rescued a tribesperson who was injured during the Whale attack.  He had lost his leg.  We have him in our medical beds, but unfortunately is refusing to let us operate so he may walk again.  This will be problematic. 

Though is not as bad off as Fifteen year old Raygun in the next room over.  He lost an arm and an eye.  We then took the lung for a transplant.  Well, second time around we did.  First attempt Mal messed up and accidentally removed his leg.  Surgery with powerclaws maybe not so great?  We will be replacing his teeth as well then sending him on his way.  Message for the other whales.

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Hickabooboo

Just spent 30 mins of my life reading this, and regret nothing :D
Just wanna hear more!

Vaporisor

Quote from: Hickabooboo on May 03, 2016, 08:47:22 PM
Just spent 30 mins of my life reading this, and regret nothing :D
Just wanna hear more!

More coming soon.  I was out of town for a few days here so going to get more later tonight.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

YEAR THREE IN REVIEW

Genius me.... I went to quote this as it makes it faster to ensure I have the correct format and I gloriously went 'modify' instead of 'quote' and never caught it.  Result is I wrote over the entire thing.  It was a bigger of the year summaries and I don't have the heart to try and re-write it again since this bit of play is no longer fresh and new in my mind.... I will see if I can recover somehow....
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 11th Winter 5503 continued

Had a more interesting even occur tonight.  Some spacer escape pod crashed right into our garden.

Will need to expand the prison or make separate wings.  Haven't had any slavers come by in a while to take them off our hands.

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 2nd Spring 5503

The new prison is almost done and it cannot be too soon.  The prisoners tried an escape today while most of us were away doing our work.  We were able to meet up and stop them before they could even get out of the meeting hall.  It was a mistake they would regret.  Leira was first to respond but had to fall back after getting ganged up on.  But next to arrive was Mal followed by Red and Ben.  They learned the price of betraying our kindness.

Mal's ruthlessness brought a quick end to the situation.  While Ben and Red caused some people to lose some smaller appendages,  she ripped off Kami's arm and evicerated Nexi.  The others got to watch as Starlight feasted on her corpse as they were hauled back to their cells. 

Nexi, by the way, was a survivor of an escape pod that landed the day after Kami crashed into our potatoes.  Is too bad, we could have gotten some good money off of trading her.

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 7th Spring 5503

We got the new prison done today and everybody relocated to deep within the hill.  Some had issues with the stone beds in the cells being better than the wooden beds in their rooms.  If they want, we can give them nice beds, and then they can have nutrient paste.  Will allow us more crop space to devote to devilstrand.

Back to the topic at hand, right after we get everybody moved to the larger quarters, Humantic Partners comes over the radio.  That emptied out the cell pretty fast.  More grumbling from the labor, but they will get over it.  We do have Red and Cai on a relaxed work schedule. 

Red has been having more and more problems of late.  The main one is one that we can understand.  A combination of injuries have been causing severe chronic pain, or so Mal tells me.  We do have a Painstopper implant in cold storage, but Red is such a solid worker, that I would hate to lose that productivity due to side effects or worse, complications from the surgery.

Other than that, has been very slow.  Decided to bribe some people in Criminalists in hopes that they would start sending traders by again.  Will have to see.  We have so much surplus wardrobe that we have started having to incinerate it.

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 10th Spring 5503

The saloon has turned out to be more beneficial than initially suspected.  Let them brew a few beer and keeps em happy for days.  Red and Cai of course are the only ones really having any drinking problems, but again, it keeps their guns pointing outwards.  Red spends most of the time in her room just machining up components so it keeps her mood good.  We built her a nice comfy chair and probably will let her decorate it up a bit.

Drop pods?  Wierd.  They don't show up on scanners as human or cargo.

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 10th Spring 5503 Continued

The devil never turns down an invitation to come and play.  Shortly after midnight, as I was writing my last entry I was alerted to hazardous drop pods landing nearby.  Turns out they were some mechanoids.  It was a long battle.  More with patience than the bots though.

Scanners indicated we had a scythe heading towards the south fast.  We were able to quickly form our standard defensive line and take it out without prejudice and without injury.

One thing of note is not everybody is on the line.  While the scythe was blitzing our line, three centipedes had split up.  One armed with minigun heading to the south gate, and two heading to the east entry. It turns out there were breaks in our north wall that bypassed our defenses.  This was never reported to me.  I was not amused.

As such, we had to split our forces.  Long range and precision weapons moved into our forward outpost by the old ruins and were the first to engage.  Cai and myself were able to lure it into firing range allowing Black, Valentine, Camba and Aerin to open fire and disable it cleanly.

East gate was composed of the heavier armaments.  Everybody got into position when a problem was reported.  It turns out there was another segment of damaged wall allowing both an energy and an inferno cannon wielding Centipedes right past our defensive line.  They had not even got into position yet due to having to run all the way from south gate!

Quick thinking and bravery on the part of the fireteam managed to lure the energy cannon into the killing field, with minimal injury.  It was time consuming case of cat and mouse.  We were the mice.  Fortunately we were mice with machine guns. 

However during that firefight, the inferno cannon had turned and headed back to where we had disabled the minigun wielding 'pede.  My forward team kept formed in the bunker and tried to hold it in position while the east team flanked it from behind.  It was a risky fight with some burns, but in the end, we got out okay.  Eight hours on the line though had everybody's nerves frayed.  Even mine.

In the attached tactical photo of the last 'pede, you might see a new face.  Early in the morning, right in the middle of combat, this guy names Ryu strolls right into our compound and tells Emmie that he wants to work for us.  Strangely flamboyant guy that brought with him a bunch of books.  He does seem easy to get along with and says he figures this place will be a central nexus of artistic inspiration which is why he's here.

He does have artistic skill so he either is telling the truth, or he is a spy since he definitely didn't come for the food.

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 11th Spring 5503

Just as everybody is starting to finish recovering from the Mechanoid attack, a heat wave strikes.  Usually I would say tough it out but this one is way too hot.  Currently having a rush to install more air conditioning units to help keep the coolers operational and the rooms down to a temperature to keep everybody from collapsing.

We have a surplus of power for the time being, but am hoping it can take the extra load.  If not, might need more solar or wind generators.  I think they can handle us canceling what was supposed to be a day off to recover; all things considered. 

Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Vaporisor

Journal of Samuel Redmen

DATE: 11th Spring 5503

We receive word early this morning that the leader of the Olga of Camel tribe had died and replaced by a new leader.  Wonder if our relations will remain the same.  I guess it is a good sign since they even bothered to tell us.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes