[suggestion] Final Fantasy Gen/Snes sprites

Started by RebelSigma, March 08, 2014, 11:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelSigma

Don't know if somebody is working on this or already had this idea, but I think it would be cool to have the characters look like our favorite characters from old Genesis and Super Nintendo games. any thoughts?

TimMartland

'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

RebelSigma

Quote from: TimMartland on March 08, 2014, 01:25:16 PM
Lol, 16-BIT RimWorld would be awesome!

yeah, so many cool characters available, I could clean and organize the sprites but to actually mod them into the game is beyond my skills

StorymasterQ

This. This would be an amazing start to a 'Scenario System', that is, like a Mod, but instead the starting characters are three predefined characters, with predefined back story, personality, abilities, and sprites. The map may also be seeded from a predefined seed. Perhaps even a custom storyteller.

Imagine Cloud falling into a Rimworld with Aerith and Tifa.

Really, RW would only be there to be a canvas for the Scenario to be painted on.

Too grand?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Adam561

Hahahah! I would totally get this mod if it was possible.... I haven't looked into clothing and stuff but it would be amazing if somebody could make it.....
==Adam561==
==Mod Author and Designer==
==RimWorld==
www.adam561mods.webs.com

blaze7736

I will look into this for you but no promises alpha 2 is still limited

Architect

Quote from: blaze7736 on March 14, 2014, 12:20:50 AM
I will look into this for you but no promises alpha 2 is still limited

Its possible. Just use the methods on the wiki to tear the textures out of RimWorld, edit them, then stick em back in. You'd need to give people instructions on the replacement of a very specific file within the game, but simple texture changes are very easy.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

milon

NECROBUMP!!!

We've got EdB Scenarios, map seeds, lots of modding ability, some really talented spriters...  Is this feasible?

PotatoOnStick

To be honest in general getting an update to the character appearance's would not be bad since they have enough backstory but actually locating them on sight is the hard bit since they can look alike and with something like this i could see this giving more 'Personality' to your colonist or enemies.

Note: if they ever would get an update if feel like the mechanoids also deserve at least some attention else they look so outdated.