Mod concept, auto lighting/turn off lights & machines after using?

Started by Lady Wolf, June 12, 2015, 06:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Wolf

I'm just curious if anyone has bothered to create a sensor/timer mod for lights so they turn off during the day?

When you have a large base with 15+ members the energy drain of all the lighting can prove a bit excessive and having them auto off during the day (or when colonists head to bed) would be handy in early game to allow batteries to recharge quicker.

Or just a mod that makes the colonists auto switch lights on/off when they enter/leave rooms would work too. (perhaps having the colonists turn other appliances like stoves, smelters and the like off when they're done using them as well would be nice.)

I'm just curious if something like this has already been made, and if not if it's a viable concept that anyone (besdies me) would have an interest in?

harpo99999

haplo, has his VERY useful powerswitch mod that has an auto pawn mode, a timer mode and an enemy mode (but enemy is call colonist to switch to on/off the switch, not as it used to be (back in a9 and earlier), an AUTOMATIC enemy detected switch on/off)

Bodog999

There is a mod for switches which are timed and movement triggered, check the mods section for the mod called powerswitch.