Can't move rocks and butcher a dead elk.

Started by briangw, September 21, 2015, 09:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

briangw

I'm getting an error when trying to move various minerals: Cannot haul slate (No empty place configured to store). I have the latest Prepare Carefully and Rimfire mods activated. It's weird because I have plenty of room in various stockpiles around my colony but the colonists won't move recently mined slate in an area where I am extending onto my house and in the freezer where I keep all of my food. Any ideas?

Speaking of freezer, I also have a dead elk in there but none of my cooks will butcher it on the table a building away even if I try to force it (no option in the right click menu) or if I set their priority high.

zandadoum

looks like you messed up your allowed areas or have some closed doors. maybe worth double checking that.

Thorin

Chunk hauling:
Normal stockpiles don't accept "chunks" (default off), a dumping stock pile does (but nothing else). Either enable it on the normal ones or use a dumping one. Zandadoum also has a good point.
I don't think home zones should matter.

As for the dead Elk:
Does the butcher table have a bill for butchering creatures?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

skullywag

Just to be clear youre right clicking the table not the elk right? Also its not rotting right?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

briangw

I have a dumping stockpile area set up outside that still has available room and does have various minerals on it. I'll check again on the settings tonight.

As for the elk, it is a refrigerated freezer and says something like 2 days left on the carcass but it is frozen so the number is not going down. I'll have to check the butchering table option. That bill might not be set. If in fact the carcass cannot be butchered, how does one even get rid of it? I have no option to discard it.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

briangw

lol. That should work nicely inside of my freezer.  :P

milon

For the rock chunk, if all else fails, build a stonecutter bench next to it, add a Bill to create Stone Blocks, and give it a really small search area.  Maybe prioritize a colonist to craft it.  Once done, you can deconstruct the bench.  (Or maybe move it?  I don't know if the bench is movable furniture or not.)

briangw

Good idea. I'll have to check that out too if the previous suggestions do not work.

cultist

Stockpiles will sometimes bug out and not accept some (or any) items. Try deleting the stockpile and recreating it.