Joywire Throne

Started by ORCACommander, April 16, 2015, 10:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ORCACommander

Since we have joywire artists I figured we need their equipment with the new joy system. Joywire I have taken to meaning some sort of advanced vr that requires a man machine interface.

thus comes the throne where joywire media is consumed.

the colonist will sit in this throne for a minimum of 3 hours.
the Throne requires 200 steel 120 plasteel (first numbers to come to mind open to balancing) and 1 AI persona core
the throne requires a direct power connection
Not sure how much power to consume, I am thinking somewhere between a windmill and half a solar
3 units of leather for those plush seats ;)

the throne maxes out joy and causes joy to decay at a slower rate, however there are possible consequences:
1: there is a chance of addiction. Addicted colonists will use the chair longer than 3 hours and their mood will plummet  when not plugged in
2. there is a chance of a catastrophic failure, this can involve eyes bursting or brain damage
3. Psychically sensitive colonists are more likely to suffer addiction and catastrophic failures
4. psychically deaf can not use joywire and psychically dull can not suffer catastrophic failure and require a minimum of 5 hours
5. maybe pushing the interactions a bit to far but mood broken colonists might seek out the throne to drown out their misery, to potentially fatal consequences.
6. possible balance bit: joywire artists use art skill to make consumable joywire media for the throne using some plasteel and gold. joywire media is only available through exotic goods outside of crafting

SteelHeart