Delayed Raid (new raid type)

Started by b0rsuk, August 26, 2015, 05:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0rsuk

A Delayed Raid would be simply a hostile group from a faction you're at war with. They go to a certain area and chill there. They don't approach your colony unless you come into range. Then they fire at you, but don't chase too much.

They stay there until the next raid from the same faction starts(that is not a Delayed Raid). Once the new raid starts, they trigger and you face two (or more!) raids at the same time. Usually from different directions!

A simple idea that could result in very ominous situations. An open-ended raid essentially, but always with a warning. You'd have no good idea how much time you have, but usually much more than with a normal "waiting" raid.

Naturally, a prudent player would counteract this by striking first.

How about this raid is restricted to tribal factions ? Then they would have something unique. I suspect Tynan wants to make tribals come into battle with trained animals, but in the meantime...

GamerGuy

"Has anyone seen timmy?"
"Sure, he went down to the corner of the map to pick up some metal."
colonist has died from loss of a body part.
@#%&!1!1

Its just like in the zombie apocalypse mod when a few straglers are left behind and one of your colonists gets bitten... Yeah love it!

Panzer

I like that idea, players would need to be careful around a certain part of the map, and theres that feeling that compels you to act because you fear a huge raid. Problem is this type of raid is extremely vulnerable to mortar fire, but it could be a nice storyteller option for when you dont have mortars.

b0rsuk

It would also make you think twice when a chased colonist calls for help!

Extremely vulnerable ? So what, I currently don't see a reason to research mortars.
Alternatively, they could be like a hornets' nest, they'd stay there until provoked. Then they turn into a normal raid. It's all self-defense, really!  (they would still join normal raids)