[1.3.3067] Raiders during Orbital Spacecraft Hacking Quest leave immediately

Started by Arthropod, July 22, 2021, 07:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthropod

I accepted a quest to hack an orbital spacecraft for information about my ideoligion's relics. A condition of the quest was that raiders would attack every 6 hours. However, when the first timer ran out, nobody showed up. Now every 6 ingame hours I recieve a raid alert, jump to location, and watch the raiders that spawned turn around and leave immediately instead of heading to destroy the ship like the raid text says they will.

The 6-hour timer did not reappear when they left (probably because the raid was not "defeated"?), but I keep getting the raiders popping their heads in to see what's up before bailing. Always different members. They have not attacked the ship or any colonists. They do not do ANYTHING before leaving. They spawn and go.

The orbital ship landed somewhat close to the edge of the map, but not close enough there's no room for the raiders to approach:

Because of this I was able to take my sweet leisurely time hacking the thing, clearing my colonists assigned to it when they got close to being hungry or tired so they could just walk back to the colony and eat at a table. I can confirm it lasted the full duration of the quest.

yonkster333

Confirming that I also received the experienced the exact same bug as the one described above.

Arthropod

I got a second one of these quests and the same thing happened again.

However, a different quest--to raid some sort of complex and hack three computers in it--had a similar mechanic and it worked. There was a trade beacon in the complex that I activated to summon some drop pods with randomized loot and it attracted the attention of a group of raiders who attacked as intended. So the problem is only with the orbital beacon quest that lands at the colony specifically and not every type of raider who is attracted by orbital stuff.

Arthropod

In 3072. Now with an exciting new dimension to this bug. Same quest, but it was a mechanoid raid this time. Instead of turning around and fleeing, the mechanoids simply loitered near the edge of the map. They did not attack my colonists or the drone, even when I attacked them. Raids continued to show up at regular intervals and just added to the quantity of mechanoids hanging out at the edge of my map.

They would not attack colonists that walked through or attacked them. After hacking the drone and completing the quest, all gathered mechanoids turned and left.

Pheanox

A save of this issue would be very appreciated.  Are you playing with mods?  Did you have the Mechanoid faction disabled?  Thanks.

Arthropod

Unfortunately I already saved over any files related to that quest. I checked the autosaves too but they're all from later on as well.

I don't have the Mechanoid faction disabled, but I just realized that I turned off major disasters/raids in storyteller settings--but I did that mid-game, after the initial bug I described had already occurred at least twice. I forgot I changed that setting when I made this new post about the mechanoids and it probably explains their behaviour, sorry.

Xaviien

Quote from: Pheanox on July 27, 2021, 06:46:36 PM
A save of this issue would be very appreciated.  Are you playing with mods?  Did you have the Mechanoid faction disabled?  Thanks.
Have just triggered the second round of Spacecraft hacking. Invaded by mechanoids that don't leave immediately as per previous replies, but they just wander around the edge of the map.

Save files:
Immediately before first mechanoid spawn: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgoj2xoedfreeyp/FIGHT.rws?dl=0
Immediately after second mechanoid spawn:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnor0dqe0f79yx4/Fight%202.rws?dl=0

Pheanox

Thanks for all the reports.  I'm not able to reproduce this in vanilla RimWorld, and unfortunately all provided saves are saves using mod lists.  If someone can reproduce this bug without mods, I would appreciate a new bug post being made.

NOTE:

This has been confirmed to have been fixed as of 1.3.3087.