(untrained) animals should become manhunters when shot.

Started by b0rsuk, October 25, 2018, 11:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0rsuk

Apparently chance of "animal self-tamed" event is not related to the number of animals on the map, or animal's wildness. Half of animals which self-tamed for my desert tribe are thrumbos. (Technically, the same thumbo self-tamed, then became wild again, then stopped migrating and stayed on the map, then self-tamed again).

Then I discovered a self-tamed thrumbo is very disappointing. Without further training, which can be very hard to provide if you live in extreme desert (with nothing to tame and train your skill), not only it will become wild again but it won't fight back when shot. Normally a thrumbo is very eager to fight back, a tamed thrumbo not so.

Having colony animals fight back when shot would be perhaps too generous to the player and defeat the purpose of high Animals skill. But I have an idea for a fun compromise:

Colony animals, lacking at the very least "Obedience"and potentially "Release" training, should panic and go into manhunter mode when shot, attacking friend and foe alike. This will make them double-edged sword, and an amusing end to a careless colony.