Love the new economy/peaceful options

Started by stefanstr, October 04, 2014, 04:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stefanstr

In Alpha 6, I hated Phoebe. Found the gameplay dull and uneventful. Alpha 7, with improved trading, textiles, etc., finally gives me enough interesting stuff to do between raids. I am playing on a flat jungle map with a massive textile factory and loving it.

Also, diseases add a non-military threat which I enjoy. I hope with future updates there will be more and more such things.

Also, I like the fact that the raiders now are fewer but stronger.

I think this game is going in a good direction.

Tynan

Appreciated! Yes, I've been trying to focus on adding non-military content to the game. Look forward to more of this in future builds. The game was really combat-oriented just because I didn't want to leave it in a half-done, broken state, but now that combat works pretty well it's time to really flesh out everything else.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

stefanstr

Quote from: Tynan on October 05, 2014, 12:46:09 AM
Appreciated! Yes, I've been trying to focus on adding non-military content to the game. Look forward to more of this in future builds. The game was really combat-oriented just because I didn't want to leave it in a half-done, broken state, but now that combat works pretty well it's time to really flesh out everything else.

Sounds great! It's true that combat is pretty good as is (aside from my personal pet peeve - turrets, but that's being discussed elsewhere).

Maybe you could share some things with us which you consider implementing so that we can discuss them as the community?

MajorFordson

It'd be very cool to see more "trader only" items for the game world, to make money more meaningful. Things like exclusive technologies, luxury items/clothes/foods for colonists. Then players who like to focus on farming and production will have a reason to be wanting loads of money! Intelligent game design choices that allow players to choose their own unique play style is what makes these types of games really great, though it can often be hard balancing it so that the "normal" gameplay style is challenging whilst still allowing alternative playstyles.

If robots make it into the game, the player could even have a society that focuses on production and trading and leaves almost all of their defences to robots!