AI village spawns

Started by brooks640, February 27, 2015, 11:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brooks640

It be interesting to see the AI set up small village outposts on the same map at you and being able to use a trading system with them it also adds more to do on your current map aside from waiting around for people to come. Also being able to form a good relationship with them will allow you to say purchase one of them for labor for a set period of time. Their is a lot of potential   for these outposts and what you could do with them. But you can always just attack them take all their stuff and leave the faction angry at you as well. Any ideas on this subject will be good

CodyRex123

We talked about having cells for the map so you could go to other map cells and raid and such, This is basically that except your land have a perminate tenant which could be both a blessing and a annoyance, you would need to have the A.I know that it doesn't harvest your food or take it, then also the fact that how the raider AI would work might be fun, and wouldn't you think that the people on the planet will avoid settling near you.
Dragons!

Vagabond

Quote from: brooks640 on February 27, 2015, 11:15:11 AM
It be interesting to see the AI set up small village outposts on the same map at you and being able to use a trading system with them it also adds more to do on your current map aside from waiting around for people to come. Also being able to form a good relationship with them will allow you to say purchase one of them for labor for a set period of time. Their is a lot of potential   for these outposts and what you could do with them. But you can always just attack them take all their stuff and leave the faction angry at you as well. Any ideas on this subject will be good

brooks640,

Personally, I would much prefer the simulation of enemy factions in their cell on the world map. This could open up a plethora of interactions.

-Off map missions that simply make colonists unavailable for a certain amount of time.
-Vehicles and domesticated mounts/beasts of burden that will allow us to gather stuff on our own map faster, as well as travel to other points on the map, including npc colonies.
-Trade with or raid said colonies.

Cheers,
Michael

CodyRex123

I kinda want the abilty to basically fly over the map, go between the colony and a small group, that are exploring and gathering matierails, and it would open up for a second "Colony" Which managing 2 is always fun, You would get a alert for all the cells your colonists inhabit so that you don't get overwhelmed by a sneaky raid.
Dragons!

BetaSpectre

Quote from: CodyRex123 on February 27, 2015, 07:06:07 PM
I kinda want the abilty to basically fly over the map, go between the colony and a small group, that are exploring and gathering matierails, and it would open up for a second "Colony" Which managing 2 is always fun, You would get a alert for all the cells your colonists inhabit so that you don't get overwhelmed by a sneaky raid.
+1
I'd love the ship to have a use.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO