Mod request: Reverse Aging Cryosleep

Started by hopeseekr, July 08, 2015, 09:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopeseekr

OK. I realize this will require C# coding. I also realize that this may not be possible.

I want a special cryosleep container that a colonist can enter, but instead of freezing their biological age, it reduces it by a multiple of the ticker amount they stay in the container.

I am willing to pay for this work, so submit your total project estimates.

Lonely Rogue

First off, I think that the modding rules say you can't pay people.  ;D Second, it couldn't be a cryo pod because it's not the same thing, but it WOULD be a cool, if overpowered system, unless of course you still had to heal the cataracts, I can see 'Bad Back' and 'Dementia' being cured by reverse aging, but not cataracts. Don't ask me why not.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Jaxxa

Quote from: DDawgSierra on July 08, 2015, 10:50:41 AM
First off, I think that the modding rules say you can't pay people.

Does it though? I don't think it does.
From the rimworld readme:

QuoteBy modding the game you agree to these restrictions:
   -You're welcome to make whatever mod you like and distribute it as broadly as possible.
   -You may only distribute RimWorld mods non-commercially (for free) without discriminating who takes them.
   -You may accept donations, but they may not be tied to the delivery of a specific product or service.

As long as you don't go around and charge people to get acess to mods, I don't see any reason there that you should not be able to pay someone to make a mod that you want.

Admittedly I don't think that paying some one is the best aproache to take, some combination of learning how to do it yourself and other modders helping you out for for free would probably work out better.

If you really want to just pay someone to do everything you would need to be a lot more specific with the terms.

Do you just want the age to be reduced, what about age related injuries that they already have?
What about new version of rimworld, is the developer responsible for keeping it upto date? for how long?
What about new features "Pawns have life stages" was just seen on the changelog, does this need to be dealt with in this mod?

Just a few things to think about.

nmid

Quote from: hopeseekr on July 08, 2015, 09:41:53 AM
OK. I realize this will require C# coding. I also realize that this may not be possible.

I want a special cryosleep container that a colonist can enter, but instead of freezing their biological age, it reduces it by a multiple of the ticker amount they stay in the container.

I am willing to pay for this work, so submit your total project estimates.

Pay Tynan and if likes the idea, he'll probably bring it out in the next update ;)
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

WhindGhost8

So I came across this thread and thought it might be a good entry level project into dll modding for Rimworld.
I present to you the mod you have been asking for! https://www.dropbox.com/s/di0pzxbboh4vt8a/CryptoRestore%20Casket.zip?dl=1

Implemented in here is a reverse ageing cryptorestore casket which reverses the biological clock of the colonist inside at 10 times the normal speed of ageing. This will also heal age related illnesses when below the following ages:

• Bad Back - 38 Years
  • Frail - 48 Years
  • Cataracts - 55 Years
  • Dementia - 30 Years
These values are based off the minimum age required to first get the specific illness.

The current requirements are the same as a standard cryptosleep casket but with higher resource requirements as it needs a heaps of steel, a little plasteel and more uranium. You can tweak these in the .xml file as you please though.

A couple of things to note are that rescuing a colonist to a cryptosleep casket will also target these caskets and age related illnesses on your colonists won't fully remove until they leave the casket.

I won't be posting this as a proper mod release as this is just something I slapped together in a couple of hours and it would probably need a little more work (notifications for healing/death/etc in the cryptorestore casket + some more misc. improvements)
Here is the source code however in case anyone is wondering how I did anything and for those who are too paranoid to accept a pre-compiled .dll: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgc5lxeo9cm29k5/CryptoRestore%20Casket%20Source.cs?dl=1

RawCode

Valid implementation above, but, probably killing from "negative" age is bad, it should max on 25 or similar.

Note: casket do not cause "age suspension" by itself, it caused by *despawning* routine used to hide object from map, when it placed inside container.

Wooz

This is a cool idea, hope it will be updated for the new version.

Thirite

QuoteBy modding the game you agree to these restrictions:
   -You're welcome to make whatever mod you like and distribute it as broadly as possible.
   -You may only distribute RimWorld mods non-commercially (for free) without discriminating who takes them.
   -You may accept donations, but they may not be tied to the delivery of a specific product or service.

The third line pretty clearly states that you cannot charge someone for a mod- where 'product' would be selling a mod, and 'service' would be charging for the creation of a mod.