Weapons suggestions

Started by reisman17, November 01, 2013, 10:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reisman17

Having seen a build tonight with the new weapons (thanks Blitz) couple of suggestions for weapons.
1. Need  an overview of how good a weapon is - not detailed just an idea (e.g accuracy 1-5, rate of fire, damage etc....... )
2. When moving the mouse over a weapon be able to see an slightly expanded view of the weapon (to make it easier to see) along with the above info would be very helpful.
Hope you like these ideas.

Thanks.
Reisman17

Littica

Was thinking the same thing while watching a LP earlier, the weapons need a stat sheet or something lol

Kinda bad equiping your Fighters with the wrong kind of weapons can be just as deadly to you as the raiders it seems

RebCom1807

But it (probably) is so much fun, going Boomrat hunting with a belt of frags!

yabbadabbado

I'm hoping for a better mechanic than just straight digits. I'd love to see stats like Range, Lethality Range, Mechanics, then extra denominations such as Plasma, Melts Metal, Armor Piercing, etc.

warmwaffles

Quote from: yabbadabbado on November 02, 2013, 05:04:51 AM
I'm hoping for a better mechanic than just straight digits. I'd love to see stats like Range, Lethality Range, Mechanics, then extra denominations such as Plasma, Melts Metal, Armor Piercing, etc.

Not to mention the person utilizing the weapon would change the dynamics of gun. You don't give someone with low stats a nice sniper rifle. No, you give them a rapid fire gun for cover fire.

I would love to see more tactics that we could utilize with each player. Set modes / responsibilities for them to take when in combat.

GC13

Quote from: yabbadabbado on November 02, 2013, 05:04:51 AM
Eh, they're all digits in the end. The only difference with those unique tags is that not all guns would have digits that affect all the things digits exist for.

reisman17

I should clarify why I would want an overview of how good a weapon is compared to details. If all the different values are added it it can be overwhelming and difficult to determine the best weapon quickly and easily. With my overview stat driven version it would run something like this :- Need a great close up weapon - pick one with 1 range, Need a high damage weapon - pick one with 5 damage effectiveness etc.... Would it be nice to have additional detailed stats yes but not essential in my opinion. It is just easier to work with a simpler method of determining the best gun for a certain job without having to read pages and pages of weapons stats and have to constant switch back and forth to see the differences between them. Just my opinion. Hope this taking into consideration. Thanks.

Reisman17

Evul

I've been playing around with some graphics.

M4A1
MP5A2
M41-A Pulse Rifle
Revolver

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

NephilimNexus

Furniture type: Firing Range.

Allows colonists to improve their Shooting skill outside of live combat.