[W|254b] Colonists standing around but not idle

Started by dot_Sp0T, November 10, 2013, 07:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dot_Sp0T

Version Found - W254b

Title - Colonists standing around but not idle

Summary - My Colonists simply stopped doing anything at all and are just standing around not doing anything on their own. I still can force them to do one thing at a time sometimes though
- They are not idle (at least the game is not reporting them as to be)

Steps to Reproduce - For me:
1. Start new Colony, classic cassandra, (urchin fram oaf, urchin deep space miner, urchin entrep)
2. Build sorta fortification (see attachment)
3. defend against first wave (1 raider) and capture
4. built therm generator and hollowed out housing
5. defended against 2nd wave (1 raider) and captured
6. built batteries and turrets
7. defended against third wave (2 raiders, slewn)
8. burried them and built two planting areas

that was around day 13. then the colonists stopped doing things

Attachments - http://puu.sh/5e8gS.rim Savegame from when it started (using puush as the file is 'too big' for this forum..... honestly change the limits for the bug report section)

Black_Fox

If you compress your savegame with 7-zip into 7z, it will have around 150 kB and you will be able to attach it directly onto the forum topic.

radir

Same thing happened to me, same build, but at day 73. They eat, go to sleep, I can force them to do stuff, they do it, than do nothing. They have plenty of jobs.
Problematic save attached, compressed in 7zip.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

radir

I have found the cause of the problem.
First I tried to remove all the work properties in overview, except for the cleaning. Everybody immediately started to work. Than I added the constructing back to everybody, and they stopped again. So construction makes everybody stuck.
I looked around, and I found the problematic place. There was a wall planned, but there was a metal stuck there too. So as soon as I sold one of the walls, and made the metal accessible, every body went back to normal.
I attached an image showing the problematic place.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Black_Fox

enystrom8734

E Nystrom - @enystrom8734