[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

RIM_citizen

Quote from: shadow9988 on December 24, 2015, 12:04:35 PM
love the mod but i have one question if i spawn on a dessert or arid environment i am unable to place a growing zone on marginal or dusty soil. is it  a bug or am i missing something?

Having the same issue :( So I would like to up the above question: is it a bug or something? :-\ How to resolve it? ???

Masquerine

Quote from: RIM_citizen on January 04, 2016, 10:27:35 AM
Quote from: shadow9988 on December 24, 2015, 12:04:35 PM
love the mod but i have one question if i spawn on a dessert or arid environment i am unable to place a growing zone on marginal or dusty soil. is it  a bug or am i missing something?

Having the same issue :( So I would like to up the above question: is it a bug or something? :-\ How to resolve it? ???

Dusty and marginal soil don't have enough fertility to support growing crops anymore. You will need to improve the soil by using architect>special floors>rich soil or tilled soil. Rich/tilled soil can only be placed on dirt or gravel tiles, so that is how you can improve the dusty/marginal to become useful. Rock/sand tiles cannot support rich/tilled soil. You'd probably be better off starting with some mulch to prepare for rich soil (10 mulch per tile) so that you can get some early growing zones going in arid/desert.

Quote from: Zaraky on January 04, 2016, 08:56:33 AM
Hey guy, after restarting a new game and gotten into it after some hour. my lag start to freeze every couple of second for a barely half a second, just to be annoying and it make it barely unplayable now. Anyone got an idea which mod would have to be dis-activated to fix this?
Sounds like something is probably throwing out an errors hundreds of times a second (it has happened before). Go to menu>game options>development mode (check it). Go back to your normal game window. Hit your ~ (tilde, the button to the left of your 1 key) to open up the debug log. There will likely be some red errors in there that would help narrow down the culprit for us, if we could see them in a picture.

If you do this and there are no errors, then I would be unsure of what the cause would be. It would be something for Sky to ponder on.

Zaraky

The only error I get is when I load the game, I get the error shown in the picture. Beside that, when ingame, as it statis freeze for 0.1sec couple time in that second it doesn't show any red error in the log, at all. Even if I press clear, big, small etc, nothing show up... It's the second colony I start that get that problem now, though it was a structure bug or something... well, maybe it's related to wood plank, wood plank door or stamped earth wall  or wooden hand sawmill ( since that's all i've built right now)...

OK, I played somewhat with my game, deconstructed all wooden door, and game seem a bit smoother. Then rebuilt the wooden door and wall, and it seem smoother and correct now. Seriously, I don't know what is causing this fluttering lag.

[attachment deleted due to age]

RIM_citizen

Quote from: Masquerine on January 04, 2016, 10:43:47 AM

Dusty and marginal soil don't have enough fertility to support growing crops anymore. You will need to improve the soil by using architect>special floors>rich soil or tilled soil. Rich/tilled soil can only be placed on dirt or gravel tiles, so that is how you can improve the dusty/marginal to become useful. Rock/sand tiles cannot support rich/tilled soil. You'd probably be better off starting with some mulch to prepare for rich soil (10 mulch per tile) so that you can get some early growing zones going in arid/desert.

It's a pity because, as far as I can see, wild agave, cactuses and some kinds of trees grow in dusty/marginal soil pretty well. And I'm sure that some kinds of drought-resistant cultivated plants such as aloe and banana could fruit there easily. Perhaps, there is a way to tweak the mod's configs to enable planting aloe, banana, etc. in dusty/marginal soil?  ::)

twisted067

Quote from: Zaraky on January 04, 2016, 12:46:20 PM
The only error I get is when I load the game, I get the error shown in the picture. Beside that, when ingame, as it statis freeze for 0.1sec couple time in that second it doesn't show any red error in the log, at all. Even if I press clear, big, small etc, nothing show up... It's the second colony I start that get that problem now, though it was a structure bug or something... well, maybe it's related to wood plank, wood plank door or stamped earth wall  or wooden hand sawmill ( since that's all i've built right now)...

OK, I played somewhat with my game, deconstructed all wooden door, and game seem a bit smoother. Then rebuilt the wooden door and wall, and it seem smoother and correct now. Seriously, I don't know what is causing this fluttering lag.

This freeze is usually due to a pathing issue. What caused it for me was the bug where animals cant go through doors, and my pet was stuck inside unable to get outside. Once I removed the door it was fine. Make sure you set a animal area where they dont have to use any doors. Otherwise check the map for any mobs stuck in areas.

Masquerine

Quote from: RIM_citizen on January 04, 2016, 01:29:54 PM
Quote from: Masquerine on January 04, 2016, 10:43:47 AM
It's a pity because, as far as I can see, wild agave, cactuses and some kinds of trees grow in dusty/marginal soil pretty well. And I'm sure that some kinds of drought-resistant cultivated plants such as aloe and banana could fruit there easily. Perhaps, there is a way to tweak the mod's configs to enable planting aloe, banana, etc. in dusty/marginal soil?  ::)

Oh right, those plants. Hmm. That makes more sense then what I was thinking. I suppose dusty/marginal should have it enabled then, as the plants themselves have a fertility requirement anyway and the information window tells you what each needs. Quite possibly having them disabled was an oversight. Should be a simple fix if I can find it, else Sky will get it. I'll see what I can do. Give me a bit.
Got a solution.
It seems the behavior for the "growing zone" only allows tile types that have a fertility of at least 1 (I tested numerous values and nothing below 1 worked). Anything below 1 will not be considered for growing at all. Marginal, dusty and poor soils were .7, .4 and .3 fertility. The lowest plant fertility seems to be 50%, so there's a clash of ideas here. A simple fix is to simply set dusty/marginal fertility to 1, which I will explain how to do so that you can at least play and grow stuff until Sky actually implements a fix.

If you want to change the fertility, navigate to mods\core_sk\defs\terraindefs\terrain_sk.xml. In here you will see the soil entries. Simply change the number in <Fertility>0.4</Fertility> to at least 1, so it looks like <Fertility>1</Fertility>. That will allow you to grow with that soil type. Do this for marginal and dusty soils and you'll once again be allowed to grow things (even if the original fertility of plants wasn't intended for that soil). Its not the best fix, but it'll work for now.

zoranjoza

how to get copper alloy or alpaca?
OR how to get any alloy?
I dont have any building that produce them.

Zaraky

Quote from: twisted067 on January 04, 2016, 03:00:43 PM

This freeze is usually due to a pathing issue. What caused it for me was the bug where animals cant go through doors, and my pet was stuck inside unable to get outside. Once I removed the door it was fine. Make sure you set a animal area where they dont have to use any doors. Otherwise check the map for any mobs stuck in areas.

Animal are set to 2 area, no trouble moving in and out. Was your problem with wood plank door by any chance?

Btw, after playing a new game, without animal at all, the same stuttering lag problem happened again, only with wood door copper wall, wood hand saw station and earth wall used.

Also, anyway to get peg leg quickly with wood or im stuck with a unmoving colonist until I find the prothese?

Masquerine

Quote from: zoranjoza on January 04, 2016, 06:56:41 PM
OR how to get any alloy?
Most of the alloy types are made in the architect>hitech>electric arc furnace. Alpaca alloy is being renamed as there is already an alpaca animal. It just leads to confusion.

Also, anyway to get peg leg quickly with wood or im stuck with a unmoving colonist until I find the prothese?
Research: info>agriculture>medicine. You will then unlock the architect>production>prosthetic workbench, where you can make basic peg legs and similar things. Research tree will be getting an overhaul eventually. It is a slow process but it is ongoing.

zoranjoza

Quote from: Masquerine on January 04, 2016, 09:44:19 PM
OR how to get any alloy?
Most of the alloy types are made in the architect>hitech>electric arc furnace. Alpaca alloy is being renamed as there is already an alpaca animal. It just leads to confusion.

What research i need to do to get this furnace?

Parole

I have some problems with this mod.

1) I started cooking fruit drinks and when I got 40 bottles I tried to make my colonist drink it. He grabbed one bottle, carried it to the dinning table aaaaaand dropped it. After this he went away. Same for spectago tea with one difference - they try to drink it on their own and after several attempts to drink it they leave it alone, therefore I had to forbid tea so they don't move it from a fridge(all my colonists are cannibals, might it be a reason for a such behavior? I don't think so but I think I should mention it). Also I can't sell it(same for "tea leaves").

2) I experienced a problem with HK UMP 45, it doesn't have stats and when my colonist equip it they can't shoot.

Those problems met in official release(downloaded from 1st page), github wasn't checked by me.

Now, let's move from problems to suggestions.

My first suggestion is to include the Auto Equip mode by Soulkata into mod pack. I'm almost sure that everyone were annoyed when colonists were dropping pretty apparel with nice infusions and wearing some kind of armor instead of clothes which u planned. I know it could be solved with force wear option but I prefer to let my colonists to drop worn-off clothes ASAP so they don't get mood debaff and, as I understood from mod description, it makes your colonists to equip apparel with chosen stat such as working, walking or researching speed. That's looks really useful. There is a link https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16069.0. I haven't checked this mod.

Second suggestion. What about making mode which would help to manage colonists diet?
For example, I have 5 colonists and 2 prisoners. My colonists have fine meals, jerky(made out of human's meat) and shimmershrooms/other raw food.
2 out 5 colinists are cannibals so they always get jerky and when there is no jerky they eat fine meals or shimmershrooms/raw food if there is no meals.
Rest 3 colonists eats fine meals and when meals are over they eat shimmershrooms/raw food but never eat jerky(as you remember it's cannibal's food so they would be really upset if they do).
1 good prisoner gets meal because he has good stats and we want to recruit him.
The second one gets shimmershrooms/raw food because we keep him alive just to get some money by selling him to slavetrader.
I suppose it should be done right as "Work" tab or (what looks better) as list like in autosell but with ability to assign chosen colonist to specific diet list.
I understand that this mod wouldn't be critical or veeeeeeery useful, but it is still good, isn't it?
I hope you would like it.

Thank you for your attention.

Parole

OR how to get any alloy?
You could make basic alloys(steel, copper,cast-iron, etc) on smelting furnace(you could build it right from the start). To get more advanced alloys you need to research crafting/structure techs(don't remember if structure tech give access to any new alloy crafting buildings but it is required for further researches in a crafting tech).

Ajes

Quote from: Parole on January 05, 2016, 08:52:08 AM
OR how to get any alloy?
You could make basic alloys(steel, copper,cast-iron, etc) on smelting furnace(you could build it right from the start). To get more advanced alloys you need to research crafting/structure techs(don't remember if structure tech give access to any new alloy crafting buildings but it is required for further researches in a crafting tech).

Im also having problem producing alloys in the start.. I cannot make normal alloys in the smelting furnace.. look: http://prntscr.com/9mdkh5

Parole

One more, ehm, problem?
When I place several lamps close to each other in a room without windows it become very bright but game says that it's still lit(60%) instead of brightly lit(100%)(so I have visual changes but don't have any state changes and expected bonuses). The only way to get brightly lit state in a room is to build advanced hydroponic basin so it create brightly lit area in closest cells around it or remove the roof.

upd.

Forgot about most annoying problem.
FUSES
They don't work at all! I'm getting that annoying "zzzzzt" message and somewhere starts a fire! Moreover one piece of conduit is completely destroed, all stored energy is lost and my fusebox becomes heavily damaged! Looks like there is absolutely no point to build it.

Parole

Quote from: Ajes on January 05, 2016, 09:30:20 AM
Quote from: Parole on January 05, 2016, 08:52:08 AM
OR how to get any alloy?

Im also having problem producing alloys in the start.. I cannot make normal alloys in the smelting furnace.. look: http://prntscr.com/9mdkh5
Bars=Alloys. Moreover, when I produce Steel bars, I get Steel. So don't worry if you see requirement for an alloy.