Wild life, Monsters from the deep and End game.

Started by North, October 11, 2013, 07:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

North

Alright, so to begin I would like to state that I could not be more excited for the pre-alpha and the general ideas which are powering the creation of this project. Now, with that said perhaps some of you (being the forum members!) have some more knowledge in regards to some of the things I wish to learn more about. 

First being, Wild Life. Now I know that there are a few critters, and what looked to be like some sort of space cow/ox. But does the community want something more, in regards to animals which would pose a threat to your small colony. Since there will be such a variety of ways to play the game with different story tellers, would in addition to pirate raids, packs of wild animals add additional diversity? Or perhaps this is already something in the works and I am just going on about nothing!  ;)

Monsters from the deep. Being a sort of sci fi based game, is there going to be any sort of larger creatures which cause large amounts of damage but offer some sort of reward which would allow you to create something which you otherwise would of been unable to. Ie. Your end game ship to escape the planet, or something that allowed you take colonists to a different section of your planet and start a second colony.(which would be a second 200x200 chunk I assume.) So, does anyone know of anything like that or is that too farfetched.

Lastly is End Game. Now, end game could mean loads of things so to clarify. End game is your ideal outcome for your colony for your specific story. Which would bring me to ask, will there be multiple endings? One where you take your survivors and return home, causing the credits to come up. One where you expand your colony to other quadrants of the planet or space as you build your empire up from nothing. Or maybe even one where your ideal outcome is to complete certain objectives. (if there is Void gods something to do with them perhaps.)

So, those are the things I would love to know more about. If anyone knows anything! Please feel free to share, and I look forward to reading your thoughts on these topics!

Cheers,
North

Hypolite

nomadseifer

I actually like the idea of something coming 'from the deep'.  Underground animal enemies could be fun.  Maybe they can pop up inside of your colony unless the floor is protected? 
Love of an Idea is love of god - FLLW

Pheanox