Will colonists switch to warmer clothing by themselves?

Started by Gravel, February 27, 2019, 07:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gravel

Will colonists switch clothing to the most situational (in this case warmest) clothing automatically. for example, i have all my guys wear duster's as to better protect heat and bullets in the summer, but i manually switch to the "cold" outfit during winter. in this outfit, they are forbidden from wearing anything (in the jacket slot at least) but parkas. but i noticed one colonist auto swapped to a parka from his duster without me swapping his outfit yet. i didn't get a chance to check for other factors, I.E. quality or condition, but now i'm curious. this is my first post here and would love to find out.

LWM

Yeah; they will switch on their own.

Sometimes, they make weird choices - I will occasionally force them to wear tuques and not cowboy hats when I know it's gonna be cold, but by and large, I leave them to their own devices, and they do okay!

I will restrict the devices, however - only cloth tuques, and unless it's really bloody cold out, muffalo/alpaca wool jackets available for winter.

--LWM

togfox

The pawns will work it out 90% of the time but I usually have these sets of outfits defined: winter, summer, nude and combat. It should be obvious what these do.

I think the Better Pawn Control mod makes this switching super easy (if its not vanilla - I forget - so long since I used vanilla).

AileTheAlien

From my games, pawns don't seem to care about keeping warm or cool with clothing; They might use the garment's market value? Either way, I use winter and summer outfits to ensure they don't kill themselves.