[1.0.1973] Deadfall traps can't be deconstructed

Started by dshards, July 23, 2018, 04:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dshards

Deadfall traps can be selected, but there's no options available when doing so. No Deconstruct, no options to enable/disable the auto-rearm, nothing at all.

The blanket deconstruct tool in the architect doesn't touch them either.

Save file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wwR5cW4FidW2bGqJAPIwAMuXZrA5Uo53

NotAPenguin

I wouldn't really look to much at deadfalls right now, there are changes to them with every patch, for example in the current build (1.0.1973), they can't be rearmed anymore, they have to be rebuilt (this is probably intentional).

dshards

Really? Because new traps I've built (today, in 1.0.1973) can be deconstructed and also set to auto-rearm. Traps built yesterday (1.0.1971, I think) have neither option.

I'm doing my first playthrough in a swamp biome right now, tribal start, taking it slow. Movement is super slow on a swamp map with all the trees, so I've been building roads. Then I have all these nice roads that enemies can take to get straight to my home, so I'm dotting them with deadfall traps. Still really early game, but so far it works decently.

Grimelord82

If you built traps in .1972 or prior and continued that save into .1973, the old traps will require the Debug-Destroy tool to get rid of. Or maybe grenades. They also won't have any of the commands that new traps will have.

dshards

Forest fires helped too!

It also looks like the old traps don't trigger when things walk over them. I think I've found and destroyed most of them now, though.