MAKE STEAM GEYSERS DESTROYABLE EVEN IF IT HAS TO BE IN GOD MODE

Started by XxshadowcryxX, December 22, 2016, 06:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XxshadowcryxX

Seriously annoying to discover that a steam geyser is ruining your build. >:(

Goldenpotatoes

..How do you 'discover' that a geyser is ruining your build? Did you ignore it entirely and just hope it'd go away by time your construction project got near it?

A big part of the game is building around the natural obstacles of the map. Devmode commands are mostly for the developer's benefit so good luck getting a suggested feature put into it.

niklas7737

If you wish to use God Mode, you might want to consider editing your save file as well.
I'm not sure how much you know about that, but feel free to ask if my explanation seems too brief.

If you open the save file (I use Notepad++) and search for "geyser", you will find code like this:

<thing Class="Building_SteamGeyser">
<def>SteamGeyser</def>
<id>SteamGeyser94261</id>
<pos>(231, 0, 222)</pos>
</thing>

<pos> gives you the coordinates counting from the lower left-hand corner. The first number is tiles to the right, the third to the upper border if I remember correctly.
Search the geyser that bothers you and simply delete it in the save file. Save the file and load it again ingame. Your geyser should have disappeared.

Consider making a backup before, as I do not guarantee this "guide" is perfect. I had success though. Also works for creating new ones.

schizmo

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on December 22, 2016, 06:20:01 PM
..How do you 'discover' that a geyser is ruining your build? Did you ignore it entirely and just hope it'd go away by time your construction project got near it?

A big part of the game is building around the natural obstacles of the map. Devmode commands are mostly for the developer's benefit so good luck getting a suggested feature put into it.

+1