[0.15.1284] Crippled tailor using too few items to craft

Started by carbon, September 03, 2016, 11:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carbon

I have a tailor with a destroyed arm. Her 50% manipulation means her max carry is only 32.

When starting a new duster project, she will bring two loads of 32 leather to the table (total 64) and then begin work on the resulting unfinished duster project even though the listed cost of a duster is 80 units.

I'm guessing pawns are set to make two trips for dusters and then begin, instead of checking whether they need to make additional trips to get all the required materials.

----

I've attached a save game that shows what I've described above. The pawn of interest is "Min".

Upon loading, she's located at the tailoring bench in the bottom center of the screen. Upon running, she will spend a few seconds finishing her current project then start a new thrumbofur duster, for which she will only bring two loads of 32 leather.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Calahan

Thank you for the bug report, and especially the save file. The latter in particular is much appreciated (not least because of the time it saves in diagnosing the issue).

This is a known bug that was originally an A12 bug that was fixed for A14.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16316.msg200781#msg200781

But the fix led to a different variation of the bug, which is the one you are reporting. This was reported in A14.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=21030.msg242079#msg242079

Not sure if this has been fixed yet for A16 (or a A15x patch), and a quick search of the RimWorld bug tracker (mantis https://ludeon.com/mantis/my_view_page.php ) doesn't show anything. But a bug like this could be filed several ways, so a search for "craft" "tailor "capacity" could easily miss it. I'll try and do a more thorough search when I get time. Since this is quite an old bug by now, and not really a minor/trivial one IMO, so it could do with being squashed.

Calahan

For ease of reference, here are the two relevant posts from the second link I provided above. I have also attached the corresponding save file that juanval kindly took the time and effort to post.

Quote from: juanval on July 29, 2016, 08:10:20 PM
This bug is not fixed  :'(. I'm playing A14d and one pawn has 71 haul capacity. He was starting a wood large sculpture of 135 units of wood. There were two stockpiles of 75 and 75 of wood. From the first one he has taken 71 units of wood, from the second one 60 units. In total 131 units instead of the 135.

Now a big sculpture of 260 wood units. Another pawn of 60 capacity takes 60+60+60+35=215

The same bug I experienced in A12

Quote from: Calahan on July 30, 2016, 05:39:01 AM
After seeing your post I also managed to reproduce this bug (can also attach a save game if needed). I also loaded your attached save and can see the same bug you mention (FYI for those downloading the above save - you need to order the Pawn called "Raj", who has a 60 carrying limit, to work at the Sculptor's Table).

The mechanics of the bug don't appear to be quite the same as before though. The result is similar, but a little less exploitable. Previously...

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16316.msg178907#msg178907

... the Pawn with the limited carrying capacity would keep visiting stockpiles in an attempt to obtain 75 of the required material, even though they could not carry that amount, and upon arrival at the workbench would (magically) proceed to work on the job with the <75 materials gathered, regardless of how many materials the job required. So huge saving could be made on jobs requiring a lot of materials.

For this bug, when gathering the materials, the Pawn does return to the workbench when they hit their <75 carrying capacity, deposits the materials on the workbench, and then proceeds to gather more materials. So WAD so far. But the game appears to be counting the materials on the workbench as 75 instead of the actual amount, and so for the example mentioned above by juanval (and seen in the above save file), even though the Pawn is only gathering 60+60+60+35, the game seems to be counting it as 75+75+75+35. 

So I am not sure if it is the same bug, or just a new bug that has occurred as a result of the precious fix. Either way it looks like a reproducible bug to me.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

carbon

Grrr. I did do a quick search for related bugs (both here and mantis), but I was tired and apparently my searching skills are de-buffed while tired.

ItchyFlea

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created