Arctic/Snow Biome please :)

Started by ccrunner17, July 10, 2014, 11:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccrunner17

I was looking at the change log and saw all the biomes that were added. Just wanted to put in a request for an arctic/ snow biome. Maybe that tundra will be snowy? Anyway I LOVE snow maps and am hoping to build my colony from ice blocks ;)

cheers

Tynan

Current biomes are Ice sheet, tundra, boreal forest, temperate forest, tropical rainforest, arid shrubland, and desert.

However, only arid shrubland is implemented and playable, I'm afraid. We may or may not be able to get another biome or two into A6, but it's a lot of work with all the animals and plants and such.

Ice sheet isn't really a biome, though I have toyed with the idea of letting players land there if they want. Good luck surviving on nothing but bits of crashed spaceship, migrating penguins, and very rare travelers :)
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Levin

Hehe, the most common source of nourishment in such a biome would probably be raiders.
I mean, they are a very dependable and renewable resource :P

"Dear traveler, welcome to our humble colony! We hope you will find yourself at home."
"Why yes, that door is quite correctly made out of femurs. A very sturdy bone, that."
"Indeed, you will sleep very well in such a bed. Nothing like sleeping under a quilt of reused cloth, and that pillow is stuffed with only the very finest hair."
"For dinner? Ah, today our chef has made burgers!"
"No, not ham-burgers."

StorymasterQ

"You must have misheard. They're hand-burgers."
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Celthric Aysen

My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

ccrunner17

Awesome :) Thanks for the response. If it can be done my colonists will find a way. Even if it means living off raiders and penguins ;)

milon

Wouldn't raiders be much rarer in Ice Sheet & Tundra biomes?  It would be awesome to have fur coats and ice as building materials though.  And I hear the fishing can be quite good up there.  ;D

Nickvr628

Ohhhh, I like the idea of a rainforest biome. Is the wildlife a lot more, "hostile" there? Like Jaguars and big snakes and giant spiders. And all the raiders can be wearing tribal clothes! Having totally different strategies and situations for your colony to deal with in different biomes would be amazing. Instead of, "oh the ground is white instead of red"...