ingredients giving 3 hours buff

Started by giannikampa, August 21, 2018, 04:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giannikampa

i would suggest that raw food have a very temporary, very small, buff or debuff when eaten
this to encourage variety in the players. plus this is pretty true in a person's diet, i am not a nutritionist btw.

aloe: 1% faster rest bar if sleep for the next 3 hours
berries: 1% shooting accuracy for the next 4 hours
potatoes: 1% mining speed for the next 6 hours
insect jelly: as an ingredient keeps part of the effect as eaten raw
rice: 1% move speed for the next 2 hours
insect meat: 1% melee damage  for the next 3 hours

and so on, for the most edible you think is good so, some meats too, like trhumbo's! you can give them some nice effect.

of course tuned to be not game changing, but irrilevant in its wideness instead.

combined effects are granted in meals with more ingredients but they last divided by the number of ingredients involved.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

erdrik

I like the idea of ingredients providing some small boost, and that boost being included in meals made from those ingredients, but I dunno if I like the idea of the boost being something as specific as bonus mining speed, ect.

Also how do you suggest implementing a means of preventing colonists from eating specific foods?
We already have problems with managing forbidden food types with just the base foods we have now, adding yet more gradient to it is just going to increase those issues and require a more complex food management system.
Which Im not opposed to, but I feel adding ingredient effects would require extra dev time and effort for the management system.

giannikampa

@Erdik, You won't be able to control who eats what, just like it is now. a hardcore player could try to achive this, but basically you would be able to control on a macro scale what gets in your fridge, based on what you plant, hunt, forage or buy.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

AileTheAlien

Lots of work, for dubious benefit, and more player micro.