Slaughterer mental break

Started by Gohihioh, November 01, 2017, 03:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gohihioh

Mental break which leads to killing an animal should only work on animals which are not train in obedience. This would still be an annoying mental break but wouldn't be so obnoxious. It would reward us for training animals as well, and would lead to decision if we should train obedience to our herd animals which are used only for food/wool.

Headshotkill

Why would a totally psychotic person without any control over his impulses differentiate between animals?

Gohihioh

So it's not a game mechanic annoyance. You are playing game not real life simulator and lot of things in it has their own logic.
Either that or create a way of counter mechanic to that. Right now it is often not easy to train good wild animals as haulers or fighters, in A18 I see no point in wasting time to train anything that is not a domestic animal if you can just lose it just like that. And don't say keeping your colonist happy is a counterplay to that.

I'm not saying my idea is the best one, but I really think there need to be more visilibity so you can react to mental breaks(and some other things in RimWorld) or some ways of counterplay to them.

Songleaves

The only counterplay I can think of is to take out your colonist, or hide your animals perhaps by forming a caravan?

Gohihioh

Forming caravan would take too long, unless when you choose an animal for caravan pawn will ignore it but then I see it more like an abuse than a counterplay ;p

It would be also fine to arrest a colonist for some time when he had mental break but as I said events need more clarity so we could do that. Also you could add like a therapy thing, it could be added to wardens/negatiation job - when a colonist has mental break(maybe just selected ones not all mental breaks) you can interact with that pawn and try to talk him out of it(it could have % chance or be depend on social skill). It could result in him being useless for a day or so he can rest or something but preventing the usual outcome of mental break.

Limdood

counters:

1) don't let them hit that level of mental break (consider they could just go berserk and kill colonists)
2) arrest them...likely to turn them hostile.

At that level of mental break, your counters are either lethally risky, or a hearty "you should have done X."  Mental breaks are advertised as they approach...unlike, say, a wild animal hunting your baby husky, you have significant warning before a mental break MIGHT occur.

Sbilko

Quote from: Headshotkill on November 01, 2017, 05:40:49 AM
Why would a totally psychotic person without any control over his impulses differentiate between animals?

Maybe because he asks the animal to haul something for him but it doesn't? So he gets mad and kills the animal for disobedience.