[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterVertigo

Not sure how I missed this mod. EPOE always looked nice, but seemed overpowered to me. This looks much closer to vanilla. I look forward to trying it out!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

sajberhippien

Hi, and thanks for a cool mod. I was wondering if there's a table/description of the in-game effects of various bionics? I tried to figure it out in the hediff, but can't make heads or tails of it; e.g. advanced bionic arm having 1.0 efficiency, and the neurostimulator is just too complex for me to understand from code.

Btw, how old do you think you could keep someone alive and functioning through  replacing whatever age issues crop up?  :3

Rah

@MisterVertigo, thanks mate, enjoy. One major problem with EPOE is that the creator has never really played the game, so the mod ends up being very unbalanced and unpolished. It's not a knock against him though, it's just how it is.

@sajberhippien, there's no table of all the in-game effects, but everything should be quite logical and balanced. Advanced bionic arms and legs give you 30% to manipulaton/movement. With two installed you get 160%, compared to the 140% from regular bionic arms and legs.

With regards to people getting old; it depends. Usually old people die from infections if you don't give them proper treatment, but you can also lose them due to organ problems, which can be fixed completely with synthetic organs. Most of the chronic illnesses can be fixed or treated.

sajberhippien

Thanks for the reply :) so there's no difference between efficiency 1.4, and (efficiency 1 and capacity offset 20) then?

Since infections are kinda slow-moving, i should be able to uninstall relevant bionics before they die ;) thanks!

Canute

I think your confusing are, that Advance bionic's use a different enhancement then Bionic, but the result is the same.
Adv. bionic foot/legs made you faster then bionic ones.

And about the infection, maybe look for other mod's that add antibiotica,heal tincture,Fruit drinks or food that boost blood filtration/metabolism that help to gain faster immunity.
And be sure to have a bed for them at last, 110% or better immunity gain.

Ser Kitteh

Question: I'm still unsure on this but is there any advantages to a bionic hand/foot to a bionic arm/leg? Other than cheaper resources of course.

Also on the power arms, it's been a while since I've played but it's basically a bionic arm + scyther blade right? If enemies get in range and said power armed pawn has a gun, will he use the gun or the arms?

Canute

There are some mod's which require hand/feet for the appareal to fit.
Once a pawn got 2 bionic legs, he don't got feets anymore and can't wear shoes/boots anymore. Same for hands.

Scyther blade -> Bionic claw -> Power arm -> Adv. power arm.
Power arm got even a slighty manipulation bonus, and adv. power arm the best mellee damage (except you got some weapons mod with incredible weapons or Glittertech with Alpha/beta resources).

Rah

@sajberhippien, If you install synthetic kidneys and livers on old people, they will stand a much better chance of surviving infections due to the blood filtration boost you get from them.

@Ser Kitteh, it's cheaper, like you said. So if a colonist only loses a hand or a foot, it might be fine to just install a bionic hand or foot on them. You save resources, and get a decent boost to manipulation/movement. It's not always necessary to install a full bionic limb. -- A regular power arm requires a bionic arm and a power claw. It's best to use them on brawlers, but if they do wield guns with power arms installed I think they will use mainly the gun in melee range.

Btw, do you guys prefer the blunt damage they (power arms) currently do, or would you like to see them do slash damage? That will cause a lot of bleeding of course. Probably pretty terrifying to have a person with those things installed go on a mental break rampage inside the base.

Canute

And never start a social fight with someone who own 2 power arms :-)

sajberhippien

Thanks for all the advice. One more question: can you get rid of Bad Back? I assumed the bionic spine would fix that, but it doesn't (though the effects mitigate the penalties somewhat).

Rah

Quote from: sajberhippien on April 14, 2018, 04:06:27 PM
Thanks for all the advice. One more question: can you get rid of Bad Back? I assumed the bionic spine would fix that, but it doesn't (though the effects mitigate the penalties somewhat).

Bionic spine will fix a bad back 100%, but not the condition "Frail", which affects the whole body. Some old people will have that.

sajberhippien

No, it retained Bad Back while having a Bionic Spine. My guess is it has to do with Bad Back being located in the torso, while the spine is in the spine location.

Rah

Quote from: sajberhippien on April 14, 2018, 04:49:06 PM
No, it retained Bad Back while having a Bionic Spine. My guess is it has to do with Bad Back being located in the torso, while the spine is in the spine location.

This mod correctly moves the bad back condition to the spine, so you must have another mod that reverses that change. Do you have other surgery / body related mods?

Ser Kitteh

Ah, thanks for the info!

@Rah, I'd prefer it if power arms do slash damage. You go through to the hassle of getting a scyther blade, crafting a power claw AND a bionic arm, it should do slash damage.

So does this mean a dual advanced power arm will outdamage a masterwork longsword? Because I've never fully played Adam Jensen before in Rimworld! I should absolutely reconsider if this is the case.

Anyway, happy with the current update! Shame that advanced bionic eyes were removed though. How and why is it making problems anyway? I don't hear any issues from the EPOE side, tho I haven't used EPOE in almost a year already.

Rah

@Ser Kitteh, I'll probably change it to slash for the next update, it does make more sense to me as well. Yes to the second question. If you have a lvl 15 melee brawler, you'll get approx. 25 dps with advanced power arms, compared to around 15 dps with a legendary plasteel longsword or normal power arms.

The advanced eye was removed due to the vanilla nerf to shooting accuracy. It caps at 100% now, which makes the advanced eye kind of useless. The regular bionic eye gives 140% to Sight, which is more than enough to cover the remaining stats affected by Sight. In other words, bionic eyes no longer have any effect on shooting.