[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rah

Quote from: Barhandar on January 04, 2017, 04:09:33 AM
The points of surrogate organs are "more humane" organ harvesting (but really it just generates no "organ harvested" thought) and reducing specific capabilities for undesirable but still useful pawns, similar to silent jaw.
If the equal and superior organs are made harder to get while surgery is made less spectacularly failure-prone ("your 12 medicine doctor on medical bed in sterile room torn off the patient's head while replacing their leg! Oopsie, failed in a minor way."), surrogates also could be used to "get by" for replacing damaged or missing organs until you can actually get a proper replacement.

Removal of surrogate organs is the sole change that kills this modmod for me. Might as well remove basic and simple prosthetics too - why, you already have natural limbs and bionics!

Hi Barhandar, thanks for the feedback. To me, the surrogate organs felt like they were a bit intrusive to the vanilla system, as well as redundant with regards to the mod. I think that in the early game, the vanilla harvesting system should dominate the gameplay, but some people might disagree with that. If you can always fix your pawns easily, no matter what they get hit with, it takes away some of the fun imo. I understand that some people like the rudimentary stuff though, so I'll think about making a folder or something for you guys.

Rah

1.4 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Several balance tweaks and fixes
* Luciferium suppression drug now available;can be crafted after research. Gives users long term relief. (not a cure)

feel free to give feedback. enjoy !

Fafn1r

Quote from: Rah on January 06, 2017, 01:17:30 PM
* Luciferium suppression drug now available;can be crafted after research. Gives users long term relief. (not a cure)[/color]

I really don't understand what you are trying to do with luci. First you nerf it by allowing glitterworld medicine to heal scars and now you are buffing THE downside that makes it so unique. This change doesn't sound very hardcore. ::) We already have cryosleep to deal with luci shortages.

Rah

Quote from: Fafn1r on January 06, 2017, 01:36:05 PM
Quote from: Rah on January 06, 2017, 01:17:30 PM
* Luciferium suppression drug now available;can be crafted after research. Gives users long term relief. (not a cure)[/color]

I really don't understand what you are trying to do with luci. First you nerf it by allowing glitterworld medicine to heal scars and now you are buffing THE downside that makes it so unique. This change doesn't sound very hardcore. ::) We already have cryosleep to deal with luci shortages.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. The luciferium suppression drug is very expensive and requires a lot of research and materials to craft. It's just an option for the people who want their luciferium colonists to return to a semi-normal state.

Love

Rah

After some testing I decided to remove the luci suppression drug until I can balance / test it out a bit better. It works correctly though, so you don't need to download this latest version if you find it interesting. Right now it gives the user about 30+ days of relief from luciferium symptoms, compared to the 5 or so days with luci.

1.41 - EPOE Hardcore Version
* Removed Luciferium suppression until further balancing/testing can be done.

(LITE version usually always receives the same changes, unless it's about material costs)

Love

Removing an item like that potentially breaks saves though, are you sure that's wise?

Maybe you should split it off into an addon for now..

Senio

Quote from: Love on January 10, 2017, 06:05:16 PM
Removing an item like that potentially breaks saves though, are you sure that's wise?

yep, i try update .but cant load old save.....

Love

Quote from: Senio on January 10, 2017, 06:31:32 PM

Thanks to google cache I was able to find links to the older versions just in case you're stranded:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/iq6qkc0q0ripug8/EPOE_-_Hardcore_Version_1.4.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/r90p97k165womq6/EPOE_-_Hardcore_LITE_Version_1.3.zip

Senio

Quote from: Love on January 10, 2017, 06:35:41 PM

Thanks to google cache I was able to find links to the older versions just in case you're stranded:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/r90p97k165womq6/EPOE_-_Hardcore_LITE_Version_1.3.zip

Rah

Quote from: Senio on January 10, 2017, 06:36:54 PM
Quote from: Love on January 10, 2017, 06:35:41 PM

Hi Senio, sorry about that. I added links to the previous versions. Are you sure you were unable to load though? Sometimes it just asks you about the change in mods, and if you press yes, it loads the game and everything is ok.

Either way, there won't be many tweaks and updates for now, as everything seems pretty stable at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Love

Quote from: Rah on January 10, 2017, 07:18:35 PM
Hi Senio, sorry about that. I added links to the previous versions. Are you sure you were unable to load though? Sometimes it just asks you about the change in mods, and if you press yes, it loads the game and everything is ok.

Either way, there won't be many tweaks and updates for now, as everything seems pretty stable at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Rah, removing items that can be held by pawns is extremely volatile, it breaks saves in a way that you'd have to go into the save file and randomly remove it. And the worst part is it doesn't even have to be one of your pawns, it can be some pawn you can't even see.

I've no doubt his save was broken by it.

Rah

Quote from: Love on January 10, 2017, 07:25:09 PM
Quote from: Rah on January 10, 2017, 07:18:35 PM

Rah, removing items that can be held by pawns is extremely volatile, it breaks saves in a way that you'd have to go into the save file and randomly remove it. And the worst part is it doesn't even have to be one of your pawns, it can be some pawn you can't even see.

I've no doubt his save was broken by it.

Yes, adding and removing items with mod updates can be a little iffy unfortunately. Version 1.4 is fully working though, so if you have a save with it, there's no need to update. The drug works as intended by suppressing the luciferium need for 30 or so days, but I feel like it needs a little more balance work with regards to pricing and addiction need time.

edit: Just to confirm, version 1.4 and version 1.41 are fully working with new games / saves. If you're upgrading from 1.4 to 1.41, you might see some problems though.

Love

Like I said, I recommend just making the luci suppression part of 1.4 into an 'addon' for now, so you can continue updating the main part of the mod while people who used 1.4 don't have their saves broken.

You can roll it back into the main mod later when you feel it's balanced.