[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mehni

There's an easier way to add all those recipes, one that's a feature created by the Alien Races Framework. A relatively new tag called humanRecipeImport. Try adding that, instead of adding a hundred different recipes.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Patch>
   <Operation Class="PatchOperationAdd">
      <xpath>Defs/AlienRace.ThingDef_AlienRace[defName = "RACENAME"]/generalSettings</xpath>
      <value>
            <humanRecipeImport>true</humanRecipeImport>
      </value>
   </Operation>
</Patch>

You can also notify mod authors of this tag and asking them to implement it directly. Both Orassans and Callistans already use it, and potentially others do too.

VeeCee

Quote from: Mehni on February 12, 2018, 05:21:43 AM
There's an easier way to add all those recipes, one that's a feature created by the Alien Races Framework. A relatively new tag called humanRecipeImport. Try adding that, instead of adding a hundred different recipes.

Much obliged for the info. Someone mentioned that it's possible to do this on one of my steam patch pages, but didn't actually mention HOW to do it. Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Rah

If the alien race in question does not work with bionics, pretty much do what Mehni said; either contact the mod owner and ask them to implement the tag into their mod, or just create a patch file with the tag and stick it in a Patches folder. Thanks Mehni for posting that.

@Kongor, that's correct. and if the tag humanrecipeimport has been added, you'll be able to use all the bionic parts on them.

@Harry_Dicks, currently in vanilla, Sight affects Melee hit chance, melee dodge chance, Medical tend speed, medical tend quality and research speed. These stats are not capped at 100% sight. Most go to around 140%. However, shooting accuracy and a number of other stats have been capped at 100%, which is unfortunate, but I'm guessing it was done for balance reasons. I might go in and do some tweaking to the bionic eyes for the next update though. Thanks for bringing it up.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Rah on February 12, 2018, 04:33:20 PM
I might go in and do some tweaking to the bionic eyes for the next update though. Thanks for bringing it up.

No problem. I figured I might have butchered relaying what was actually affected, but I did remember reading about it, and then thinking about bionic eyes. Thanks for considering these changes! ;)

Crow_T

I'm new to this mod, and am having an issue- I bought a bionic hand but the option to install it isn't in the pulldown. Is the hand merely a component of a bionic arm, or can it be installed on its own? I had DE surgeries active in the mod list above RBSE, as well as deactivated it, with no luck.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Harry_Dicks

I don't fully understand all of this yet myself, but RimWorld doesn't actually have "hands" for pawns, I believe? Something like, I know at least in the armor defs, when you make something cover the hand, then in the game description it says it covers all 10 of the fingers, but never says left hand or right hand or just "hands".

So, when you put a bionic arm or powerclaw on someone I am still now totally sure how all of this works. Do bionic arms come with all new bionic hands and fingers, or do you keep your old hands and fingers on that side, hmm, I have no idea! But I would love to find out as well :)

wwWraith

Crow_T, most probably you just have to research Bionics before being able to install it.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Canute

Crow_T,
do you use any Alien race mod ? And does this race got hands ?

At regular human's you can install bionic hand's but you need to research the Bionic research first.
Bionic arm's you can install without research (must be a bug).
But all other bionic's need to have the bionic research before it appear at the surgery.

Crow_T

Re: researching bionics first

That makes sense, thanks for the answers (I wish you could thumbs up posts here)
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Rah

Quote from: Crow_T on February 24, 2018, 10:26:02 PM
I'm new to this mod, and am having an issue- I bought a bionic hand but the option to install it isn't in the pulldown. Is the hand merely a component of a bionic arm, or can it be installed on its own? I had DE surgeries active in the mod list above RBSE, as well as deactivated it, with no luck.

Sorry for the late response. Bionic hands is a component of the bionic arm, but they can also be installed separately. You need to research Bionics to unlock the surgery.

Rah

1.81 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Added more bone repair options(spinal fusion, humerus, radius, tibia, femur)
* Artificial bones can be used to repair most bones.
* Slight buff to the neurostimulator.
* Tweaks to organ rejection.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Rah on February 26, 2018, 10:25:52 PM
1.81 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Added more bone repair options(spinal fusion, humerus, radius, tibia, femur)
* Artificial bones can be used to repair most bones.
* Slight buff to the neurostimulator.
* Tweaks to organ rejection.

Nice! Any tests with DESurgeries?

Rah

@Harry_Dicks, no but I don't think you'll need that anymore. <3 I'm sure they still probably work with no serious conflicts tho.

Harry_Dicks

Alrighty. So, I had to remove the operation for "repair clavicle" in the Androids RBSE patch.

I guess I'm going to need to thoroughly go through and see what overlaps I have, and/or make sure everything is working properly even for non human races.

Quote from: Rah on February 26, 2018, 11:09:15 PM
@Harry_Dicks, no but I don't think you'll need that anymore. <3 I'm sure they still probably work with no serious conflicts tho.
Does this mean that RBSE now has all of the same surgeries and operations that DESurgeries has? Or do we know what gets overlapped? Just trying to get the mods setup in a way so that I won't have 2 of the same surgeries, one from one mod and one from another. I can go in an modify the xml defs if I need to.

Rah

QuoteDoes this mean that RBSE now has all of the same surgeries and operations that DESurgeries has?

Pretty much, except for some of the organ disease surgeries, which in my opinion kind of ruin the whole organ transplant gameplay Rimworld is known for.