[A16] Better Pathfinding (v1.5.2 update 2/22)

Started by Zhentar, October 02, 2016, 07:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faltonico

Does any of these has anything to do with pathfinding?:
Pathfinding destination not in region, must fall back to vanilla!

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Kangaroo pathing from (127, 0, 260) to (216, 0, 306) ran out of cells to process.
Job:BuildRoof A=(216, 0, 306) B=(216, 0, 306)
Faction: Villa Del Pinar

This will be the last message to avoid spam.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Exception in BreadthFirstTraverse: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at (wrapper stelemref) object:stelemref (object,intptr,object)
  at System.Collections.Generic.Queue`1[Verse.Region].Enqueue (Verse.Region item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.RegionTraverser+BFSWorker.QueueNewOpenRegion (Verse.Region region) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.RegionTraverser+BFSWorker.BreadthFirstTraverseWork (Verse.Region root, Verse.RegionEntryPredicate entryCondition, Verse.RegionProcessor regionProcessor, Int32 maxRegions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.RegionTraverser.BreadthFirstTraverse (Verse.Region root, Verse.RegionEntryPredicate entryCondition, Verse.RegionProcessor regionProcessor, Int32 maxRegions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It is a mess of a log and save file, and there could be various issues happening at the same time. Pawns froze, even a husky and hauler bots xD

Zhentar

Two of those errors are pathfinding related, but the first of them is a "this should never happen" precondition. Something else is borked (something region system probably considering the breadfirsttraverse error), and it's killing the pathfinder.

faltonico

Quote from: Zhentar on December 12, 2016, 10:05:48 PM
Two of those errors are pathfinding related, but the first of them is a "this should never happen" precondition. Something else is borked (something region system probably considering the breadfirsttraverse error), and it's killing the pathfinder.
I think it's not worth bothering you with this, i intended to "upgrade" my embrasures to a new mod, but i thought i could enable both the new one and the old one at the same time, AND a bunch of other mods.
The new embrasure ended up overriding the old one, and a shitload of exceptions exploded when i replaced a particular row of them (kind of extrange that it didn't hapen with all of them). Things got worst when i used dev mode to delete the new stuff i added, to the point the game eventually crashed -_-'
(on a side note, this is not related to that  other crash i posted somewhere else).

btw, Thank you for the mod!, i have used it so much that i forgot how is vanilla behavior xD

faltonico

Welp,
I have to apologize to Tynan,
I was absolutely certain that it was his fault for not making the game 64-bit, but i managed to replicate a crash involving a memory leak and your mod.
I'll send you everything i got:
Save: https://www.sendspace.com/file/5ngr74
Config folder: https://www.sendspace.com/file/qwyu4k
Mods used (virgin core included): https://www.sendspace.com/file/hd3v00
Crash log and output log: https://www.sendspace.com/file/pff5oj

The only thing you have to do to replicate the crash is to restrict the pawns to the area "cleaner bots", (i haven't tested if you need to do that to replicate the crash but that is what i did). Follow the pawn "Giannini", and as soon as she finishes his early coffee, the crash happens.
Don't even bother with the +100 angry mechanoids raiding the base... they will not get past the first line of defense.
Played it again without your mod on, and it got past that point, and the memory usage was almost 1 GB less.

I find it even amazing that the pawns behave kind of different without your mod on.
Anyways, i don't know if it is a incompatibility with another mod (high chances it might be with that many mods), but i do hope you could tell me, you do know how to read crash logs xD

On a side note, feel free to correct any mistakes in my English, is not my first language (I'll appreciate it ;) ).

EDIT: The red error on load is from the "Orassan empire" mod, i refused to update it to full furry, but i needed the EPOE patch that came later. If that is the source of all my problems please tell me.

Rock5

Um... I don't think you need to apologize that English is not your first language. You speak it like a native. :) I never would have guessed if you hadn't mentioned it.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

faltonico

Quote from: Rock5 on December 17, 2016, 07:38:44 AM
Um... I don't think you need to apologize that English is not your first language. You speak it like a native. :) I never would have guessed if you hadn't mentioned it.
Great to know *blush*

Fafn1r

Quote from: faltonico on December 17, 2016, 07:30:06 AM
Don't even bother with the +100 angry mechanoids raiding the base... they will not get past the first line of defense.

I just wanted to say that this sounded really badass. Posting a save with crash report. What? Are there hundred mechanoids raiding my base? I didn't even realize, it must be tuesday, pay no attention to them them. :D

faltonico

Quote from: Fafn1r on December 17, 2016, 08:29:02 AM

I just wanted to say that this sounded really badass. Posting a save with crash report. What? Are there hundred mechanoids raiding my base? I didn't even realize, it must be tuesday, pay no attention to them them. :D
I would tell you about the 1100 tribal raid... but that would be too boring.

joaonunes

Error report:
When building walls I randomly get an error that keeps spamming and pulling away all of the processing power unless I draft the pawn causing the error. The error shown is the exact same "Thirite" posted on his screenshot, except in my case it happened when building walls...

I have the following mod order:

<li>Core</li>
    <li>LessIncidentTrolling</li>
    <li>BalancingAct</li>
    <li>Grenade Fix Rearmed</li>
    <li>Less-Rebuff</li>
    <li>Stonecutting Tweak</li>
    <li>WanderDontDrop</li>
    <li>Better Pathfinding</li>
    <li>Refactored Work Priorities</li>
    <li>Hand Me That Brick</li>
    <li>PetFollow</li>
    <li>Efficient Light</li>
    <li>More Factions Spawn</li>
    <li>CombatReadinessCheck</li>
    <li>MarvsCRC_DoublePopAddon</li>
    <li>FluffierThanThou-RW_Manager-ae03913</li>
    <li>FluffierThanThou-RW_EnhancedTabs-f5e58d9</li>
    <li>FluffierThanThou-RW_MedicalInfo-62a1705</li>
    <li>kNumbers-0.5.2-A15</li>
    <li>RW_ColonistBarKF-0.15.3.2</li>
    <li>RW_Outfitter-0.15.3</li>
    <li>MadSkills-A15-1.1.7-T</li>
    <li>[A15] Expanded Traits 1.4</li>
    <li>[A15] Realistic Darkness</li>
    <li>AMC(1) DE Surgeries</li>
    <li>AMC(1) ExpandedProsthetics&amp;OrganEngineering</li>
    <li>AMC(2) ADogSaid</li>
    <li>AMC(2) Chemicals &amp; Neutroamine</li>
    <li>AMC(2) EmergencyTreatment</li>
    <li>AMC(2) Improved Surgery</li>
    <li>AMC(2) Medical Training</li>
    <li>AMC(2) Realistic Medical System EPOE Version</li>
    <li>AMC(3) Compatibility patch_ADog &amp; ISurgery</li>
    <li>AMC(3) Compatibility patch_DESurgery &amp; ISurgery</li>
    <li>AMC(3) Compatibility patch_EPOE &amp; ISurgery</li>
    <li>AMC(4) Compatibility patch_EPOE Realiistic Medical &amp; ISurgery</li>
    <li>JTEfficientBatteries</li>
    <li>JTReplaceWalls</li>
    <li>Medical Training</li>
    <li>Apparello</li>
    <li>FashionRIMsta</li>
    <li>RTFTJ</li>
    <li>TradingSpot</li>
    <li>TimerSwitches</li>
    <li>TilledSoil-0.15.1280</li>
    <li>TargetPractise</li>
    <li>sd_power</li>
    <li>AllowTool</li>
    <li>CrashLanding</li>
    <li>Bulk_Meals</li>
    <li>DefensivePositions</li>
    <li>ED-LaserDrill</li>
    <li>ED-ReverseCycleCooler</li>
    <li>ED-ShieldsBasic</li>
    <li>CP</li>
    <li>CPD</li>
    <li>Vegetable Garden</li>
    <li>ADDON_Soda Garden v15</li>
    <li>Animal Feed Trough V1.1 A15 [V.G.]</li>
    <li>AJO</li>
    <li>EXP</li>
    <li>QRY</li>
    <li>ExtendedStorage-ExtendedStorage1.12</li>
    <li>RimFridge</li>
    <li>RT_Fuse-A15-1.0.3</li>
    <li>RT_SolarFlareShield-A15-1.0.6</li>
    <li>RumoursAndDeception</li>
    <li>VeinMiner</li>
    <li>Improved Increased Stack</li>
    <li>CraftingHysteresis</li>
    <li>RW_FacialStuff-0.15.3.1</li>
    <li>Mending</li>
    <li>Hospitality</li>
    <li>DoIT</li>
    <li>BigBatterys</li>
    <li>Organ thoughts</li>
    <li>20th Century Weapons Mod (20CWМ)</li>
    <li>High Caliber</li>
    <li>LT_DoorMat</li>
    <li>TrueMods - immersive balance - cosmetic - armor vest cost fix</li>
    <li>TrueMods - immersive balance - cosmetic - foxes and wolves comfortable temperature fix</li>
    <li>TrueMods - immersive balance - cosmetic - no medicine for hospital bed</li>
    <li>TrueMods - immersive balance - cosmetic - vitals monitor resources mod</li>
    <li>No more random death</li>
    <li>AC-Work Tab</li>
    <li>ICanFixIt</li>
    <li>SillyBuilder</li>

The mods I think could be related to the error are those:
- Refactored Work Priorities
- Hand Me That Brick
- JTReplaceWalls

Is there any known incompatibility with any of the mods I'm using? Or has this issue already been discussed elsewhere?

This is the wall I've been trying to build for example...

Exception appears mostly when carrying the resources to the spot, if I manually force the pawn to build the wall the exception does not occur...

EDIT: added screenshots of my own as it kept happening again...
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Zhentar

Welp,
I have to apologize to Tynan,
I was absolutely certain that it was his fault for not making the game 64-bit, but i managed to replicate a crash involving a memory leak and your mod.

Technically, it's actually an infinite loop (containing a memory allocation), not a memory leak. But the end result is an out of memory crash either way, so that's just semantics.

I'll have a fix up in a day or two.

faltonico

Quote from: Zhentar on December 19, 2016, 12:06:29 AM
Technically, it's actually an infinite loop (containing a memory allocation), not a memory leak. But the end result is an out of memory crash either way, so that's just semantics.
I told you you were the one who knew how to read logs xD
Thanks a lot!
Now that i disabled the mod, I had to be remembered of that unsightly view of my pawns zigzagging all over the place. I'll really appreciate you fixing it as soon as you can, but take your time, we are in holidays anyways.

joaonunes

Zhentar, any idea regarding my issue or you need more data?

Zhentar

I've got enough data. Haven't decided on how I'm going to resolve it yet... I might just make the code responsible stop existing, but I have to do some more testing first.

joaonunes

Quote from: Zhentar on December 19, 2016, 10:31:45 AM
I've got enough data. Haven't decided on how I'm going to resolve it yet... I might just make the code responsible stop existing, but I have to do some more testing first.

Alright, thanks for the reply :)

tirramissu