[Mod] Traits! [A8] Not currently accepting more trait requests. Lots to work on.

Started by Ded1, December 26, 2014, 09:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If i make a weaker version for legit play, how weak should it be?  Weaker it ends up being, higher chance to get it on a pawn..

1/2 Strength
29 (29.3%)
1/3 Strength
7 (7.1%)
1/4 Strength
10 (10.1%)
1/5 Strength
7 (7.1%)
1/6 Strength
3 (3%)
1/7 Strength
7 (7.1%)
1/8 Strength
8 (8.1%)
1/9 Strength
2 (2%)
1/10 Strength
18 (18.2%)
Weaker (post with idea)
8 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Ded1

So i have made 3 traits as of now and will make more if people want me to, just reply with ideas.  I can even make traits that penalize your colonists if you want.

You will need EdB's prepare carefully to get the God trait on a colonist.  The others have very very small chances of naturally generating on a pawn.  So it helps for those too.

About chance of generation on a pawn.  From what i can tell, this is the weight, not actual chance that i can mess with.  So if i set it at .01, or 1/100, that's like saying it has 1/100 chance of being a choice for it to be placed.  Not 1/100 will have it.  Probably closer to 1/500 or so.

God Trait Gives [Probability .001]

• +150 mood
  • -20 mental breaking point
  • +5 m/s Movement speed increase
  • +5 Work Speed increase
  • -20 Minimum temp
  • +20 Maximum temp

Demigod Trait gives (Not released yet) [Probability .1]

• +75 mood
  • -10 Mental Breaking Point
  • +2.5 m/s Movement speed increase
  • +2.5 Work Speed increase
  • -10 Minimum Temp
  • +10 Maximum Temp

Nephilim Trait gives (Not released yet) [Probability .5]

• +15 Mood
  • -2 Mental Breaking Point
  • +.5 m/s Movement Speed increase
  • +.5 Work Speed increase
  • -2 Minimum Temp
  • +2 Maximum Temp

Now about the temps, it seems to actually give 35F so i am assuming the xml reads it as Celsius.

Downloads
Its not letting me add new attachments or anything so i am doing it through dropbox for now. Sorry.

God Trait
Demigod Trait
Nephilim Trait
Trait Pack For those who want it all but don't want to download three times.

P.S.  If anyone is offended by these trait names, pm or post new name ideas and if they are decent i may use them instead.  I apologize if i offend anyone but i wanted the names to all have similar themes in reduced power.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Igabod

Quote from: Ded1 on December 26, 2014, 09:11:36 AM
So i made this to make testing stuff easier.  If you don't have to spend as long working through the making of a colony you can get the test over with far faster.  I know you could use dev mode but you may miss an issue by not playing through "legit".  Download is an attachment.

You WILL need prepare carefully to get it on a colonist.  The odds of generating on a pawn is 1/1000.

This Trait gives

• +150 mood
  • -20 mental breaking point
  • 5X Movement speed
  • 5X Work Speed
  • -20 Minimum temp
  • +20 Maximum temp

Now about the temps, it seems to actually give 35F so i am assuming the xml reads it as Celsius.

Yeah, the temps in XML are done in Celsius. Tynan is a Canadian.

Killaim

now if you could make a pawn radiated a tempeture

and ofc give immunity to effects

like god of firah! +100 temp
ice god -100 temp

hah.

Ded1

I'm pretty sure that would be a new pawn type and probably require a dll so yeah that isn't happening from me.
Feel Good Modpack

Dragoon

Can you add in a demigod trait (at half power) for those who either think it's over powered or just prefer demigod to god (I like it the way it is but you know haters always find a way to hate).
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Ded1

Well if it wasn't overpowered it would be as useful for testing.  Remember, its not meant for serious gameplay.  But i might upload a weaker one that has a very rare chance of happening for legit play.  I dont know for sure though.
Feel Good Modpack

Dragoon

NOOO keep the god trait the way it is!! Just add a weaker version for those who complain.
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

old_sinh

Ded1

I never said i was going to get rid of the original trait, just that i might make a version for legit play.
Feel Good Modpack

Ded1

Ok so it looks like i will probably make 2 more versions then.  One at half power (and half probability, so its gonna be RARE and still pretty OP) and one at 1/10 power (so 1/100 chance to show up, and it will still be far more powerfull than anything in the game already lol)
Feel Good Modpack

Dragoon

Grogfeld

Cool mod, but I'm curious about pirates. There is a possibility that one of them will be a god, right?

Hogzor

I don't understand?

I downloaded it and unzipped it in my mods folder. activated it ingame. and yes my game is up to date.

But i can't figure out how it works?

Due explain

BadgerFodder

Quote from: Hogzor on December 30, 2014, 03:03:40 PM
I don't understand?

I downloaded it and unzipped it in my mods folder. activated it ingame. and yes my game is up to date.

But i can't figure out how it works?

Due explain

You need EdB Prepare Carefully to assign the trait to one of your guys, you can't get it through cycling through the list, or at least that's how I understood that it worked.

Ded1

Well technically you can.  However the odds of doing so are miniscule at best.  From how it seems to work you would have a 1/1000 chance that the trait is a possibility for a pawn to have.  Seeing as the amount of traits is pretty high, it effectively makes it zero.

About the names, i figured i would cover my bases in case someone did get offended.  Just a precautionary measure.  You all are pretty cool and laid back so i figured nobody would have an issue though.
Feel Good Modpack