[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

And... the rest of my mods are also now updated to work with "Mod Sync Ninja."
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on December 04, 2017, 11:22:34 AM
Geez. Took you long enough to notice. I changed that, like, nearly a week ago.... :D

(And you deserve a fan for contributing lots of great ideas to mod development and for being amusing in a good way.)

I might be getting old.  ::)
But seriously you saying that really means something to me.  I just have less time at the moment than I wish for my favorite grumpy old modder.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Canute

Quote from: dburgdorf on December 05, 2017, 12:41:48 AM
And... the rest of my mods are also now updated to work with "Mod Sync Ninja."
*bow before the dorf*

kaptain_kavern

I already told ya Spacedorf,

your always-supportive attitude and all ... It really means something for me as well :p And for the other Dorf as well, it seems ^^

In bonus, you often have good ideas, providing useful feedback and insights and you have a sense of what is possible or not, code-wise. Perfect modding buddy I'd say  ;D

Your both look like the kind of guy I could drink a beer with BTW  8)

edit: Yeah Canute as well :p

MrWeeGee

Hey, first want to say thanks for all the work you've done on your mods, Fertile Fields and Capable Pawns are must-haves imo. Also thanks for adding them to ModSync, it's a pain keeping all my mods up-to-date.

I do have a question though: how do you feel Configurable Maps holds up with Miscellaneous MapGenerator and FactionBase? These all modify the MapGen but seem to work just fine together. I'm not getting any errors and seem to have the benefits of both mods.

dburgdorf

Quote from: MrWeeGee on December 05, 2017, 09:12:09 AMI do have a question though: how do you feel Configurable Maps holds up with Miscellaneous MapGenerator and FactionBase? These all modify the MapGen but seem to work just fine together. I'm not getting any errors and seem to have the benefits of both mods.

I'm not specifically familiar with "Faction Base," but I know that "Map Generator" shouldn't cause any trouble, as it uses custom generation routines rather than altering the vanilla ones that my mod edits. The worst issue I've personally noticed in using the two together is that if "Configurable Maps" is set to throw a lot of ruins on the map, "Map Generator" might not be able to find room to place its own buildings. ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Canute on December 04, 2017, 01:55:42 AMwith your update frequence....

Holy sh*t.

I got curious, so I actually checked my change logs and ran the numbers.

Since the initial release of "Fertile Fields" back on January 8, and despite the fact that I really did take a five-week break from RimWorld and modding before b18 came out....

Over the course of the year, across all my mods, I've averaged an update of some sort once every 1.3 days.

Ugh. No wonder I never have time to actually play the damned game.

The phrase, "I need a life," comes to mind. ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: dburgdorf on December 05, 2017, 12:11:27 PM
Ugh. No wonder I never have time to actually play the damned game.

Sound like my life :p

I have not the same impressive number of updates though.   /me is bowing in front of the Dorf

Canute

Some people (like me) just got a life to play the damn game.
Other people (like you) just got a life to code for the damn game ! :-)))

Maybe you should put Spacedorf on ignore, i think he was your biggest inspiration the last months ! :-)
And now go out of the house and buy material and craft some gift's for your friends.

dburgdorf

Basic Bridges has been updated again:

- Improved the "under boardwalk" terrain distinctions.

- Boardwalks built over non-vanilla terrains will now provide pawns with a 100% walk speed.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Archipelagos has been updated:

- Freshwater and ocean variants of each archipelago type now have different labels. (This is really no big deal unless you're using "Prepare Landing," and need to be able to tell the versions apart in the biome listing.)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Draegon

Just wanted to come here and say that everyone should totally get the bridges mod and the fishing add-on, and not just because I did most of the fish textures. It's a very useful feature that I feel the game lacked previously.

SpaceDorf

Great, I think a Drink sometimes sounds nice .. having a live next to playing Rimworld  ;D

I mean you guys are the fault that I never get around to finish a mod of my own .. so many updates to download.

equitime77

How about a future mod idea for you? A fish pond so that you can farm a specific type of fish/fishes?

SpaceDorf