My new base so far

Started by Teras Outis, January 02, 2017, 11:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teras Outis

I decided to start a new colony and after a few hours this is what I got so far, what do you people think?

haywire-2014

I think you're gunna be screwed when you get an infestation event 😕

SurvivoroftheNoobs

Quote from: haywire-2014 on January 04, 2017, 06:57:16 PM
I think you're gunna be screwed when you get an infestation event 😕
I second that statement mountain building shouldn't be done until later. Usually build a little village outside until you get better gear then move underground. Wood floors and stone walls for every room/hallway.

NeverPire

It works but you will have a lot of mood penalty because of your stone walls and ground.
I advise you to separate your jail into two different rooms, each one with two beds and one little table and chair.
If you keep one four-bed-jail, you will have a lot of chance to get prison breaks regularly.

A tip : to earn a lot of money easily, tame some alpacaes and craft alpaca wool T-shirt's.
It's fast and even a shoddy one is sell 400.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Teras Outis

NeverPire

Why place flooring under the wind turbine ?
A field would be preferable.

Be aware you have a high risk of infestation with your mountain base.
I advise you to create a separated stockage for non-destroyable items like iron, uranium, stone, an other one for wood, clothes ... and a last one for medicine and food.

It could lead to a short of the place which need to be colded.

A tip : to create easily a perfect storage for wood-clothes, create some isolated wood wall (used as pillars)
and use the "create a roof" tool. With this kind of storage, your colonists can gain access to the storage from anywhere and your items are preserved.

Teras Outis

I build floors under the turbines because it annoys me when i tree grows in front of it and it lowers the efficiency of the turbine

SurvivoroftheNoobs

Vast floors around turbines looks horrible I use corn. Win-Win you get free food and turbines can run 100% with no trees in the way.

FridayBiology

if trees annoy you why not set the area to grow cold resistant wild flowers or even food crops?
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

abbelsap

Unlike the others suggested, I would put the solar panels in the area of your wind turbines. They won't block each other  ;)

NeverPire

But it leads on a high risk in case of fire to regroup all the installations.