[8.6.57] Infinite Bionic Parts

Started by Sir_Jacko, December 17, 2014, 08:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir_Jacko

I recently killed a prisoner who had a bionic eye, I didn't immediately cut it off him because I had no medicine. So I shoved him into a grave and waited until a ship passed along and bought some medicine. I clicked the grave to select the dead man and order the removal of the bionic part and found that, when the part was removed, I gained a bionic eye as normal but the corpse still had it showing in the Health tab. I'm able to keep removing the part for cheap bionic eyes. I have only done this for eyes, so I'm not sure if it's replicable for other bionic parts, or indeed, NON-bionic parts.
Also worth noting is that, even though he was dead, anesthetic was still applied to the man to remove the part.

Safir

Can confirm, was able to do this with bionic eyes and legs, presumably all bionics or replacement parts. One was from a colonist who died and it was done directly after death, the other was from a raider that had previously been buried and that I dug up to cremate when I noticed it. A nice exploit if you're short on cash, but extremely cheaty and no fun since this is mostly a game about survival imo.

Safir

I have a question to Tynan; in the bug-tracker I found ID 0001411 "You can remove bionic parts from dead people", as a bug, why would it be a bug? I think that preserving "spare-parts" is viable and logical given that one has limited resources. The bug above on the other hand...

Matt NA

Yeah i noticed this too and came here to see if anyone else did. I think it should be in the game since i mean robot parts shouldnt rot away, but yeah you shouldnt be able to get infinite xD

Tynan

Quote from: Safir on December 18, 2014, 10:28:30 AM
I have a question to Tynan; in the bug-tracker I found ID 0001411 "You can remove bionic parts from dead people", as a bug, why would it be a bug? I think that preserving "spare-parts" is viable and logical given that one has limited resources. The bug above on the other hand...

It's a bug because it destroys game balance. Bionics, in this universe, are irreparably destroyed when the host dies.

Otherwise it'll be way too easy to get bionic eyes, limbs, etc.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Safir

Quote from: Tynan on December 18, 2014, 01:24:04 PM
Quote from: Safir on December 18, 2014, 10:28:30 AM

It's a bug because it destroys game balance. Bionics, in this universe, are irreparably destroyed when the host dies.

Otherwise it'll be way too easy to get bionic eyes, limbs, etc.

While I don't agree with you, it's "your" universe and you can choose to make it however you like. Thank you for a response!

On this note though, organ donation on death might not be the weirdest thing ever, perhaps compatible donors and a ticker for when a person can't live with their current organs?

Ebulman

Just came across this as I was playing, and it looks like I'm late to the party in reporting it. Here's a recorded version of the bug if anyone's interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhhtMKoeB9g.

Sounds like there's already a fix in the works too so.... I guess I have nothing to add to this conversation. I will point out though that one of the cryptosleep caskets that was opened spawned 8 megascarabs (or some similarly terrifying number), so I don't particularly feel bad about having all my colonists run away as fast as possible.

Hargut

Ye i got this issue too.

Nice to know its not supposed to be like that, so i will remove any bionics from raiders anymore.

Also i got to much cash anyway, cuz when 120 tribesman raiding me they drop lots of stuff, each body give around 300 silver, its alot.....