[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonra

It's useless when I have 200 fine meals, yes, I don't want my colonists having to go to the walk-in fridge to get it and I'm not gonna make another refrigerator to keep in the dining room.

dismar

Quote from: moonra on July 02, 2017, 10:36:25 PM
I really like this mod but, man, it's pretty annoying that all I get from cargo pods now is a bunch of useless Polenta or some candy, is there any way to remove the food from this mod from the "loot table" for the cargo pods?

I've been digging around and pretty much no. the loot from those pods are random from any item in the game tho they are weighted more for leathers cloth / food. but just glancing at the code it could be and item from the resource pool. hard coded in the game.

so if your game has it turned on. you will get some random thing in your pod.

dismar

I have spent all day writing patch's so that no vanilla table coding is over written in my mod. I also wrote a patch for anyone using Expanded crops. If anyone has a mod that needs a patch for mine let me know. I have around 6 or 7 already.

Thanks!

7/3/17
- meat pie added to oven and campfire
- barrels code by cupro ~ updated (errors gone)
- all vanilla tables patched out of the mod.
- Expanded crops patch.
- passive cooler "stuffed" any wood.

faltonico

Thanks for the update!

Quote from: dismar on July 03, 2017, 08:01:53 PM
I really like this mod but, man, it's pretty annoying that all I get from cargo pods now is a bunch of useless Polenta or some candy, is there any way to remove the food from this mod from the "loot table" for the cargo pods?

I've been digging around and pretty much no. the loot from those pods are random from any item in the game tho they are weighted more for leathers cloth / food. but just glancing at the code it could be and item from the resource pool. hard coded in the game.

What i have noticed is that it looks as if the amount of stuff dropped depends on the value of the stuff, is there a hard coded value in silver? i have yet to receive an advanced power arm on one of those (lots of wooden crap though xD )

dismar

Quote from: faltonico on July 03, 2017, 08:39:01 PM
Thanks for the update!

What i have noticed is that it looks as if the amount of stuff dropped depends on the value of the stuff, is there a hard coded value in silver? i have yet to receive an advanced power arm on one of those (lots of wooden crap though xD )

I believe it's like the raid system. Based on the wealth.

So your not going to get a bunch of plasteel at the start. More likely a bunch of leather or food. But later in the game i've seen gold and plasteel and costly things like that.

faltonico

Thanks for the reply! I'll keep an eye on it, just out of curiosity.
And again thanks for the improvements =)

moonra

Thanks for the explanation, I'm sad that I can't disable it because I think that will make me disable this mod. I like everything else about it, I just really don't care about all the different meals and candies and getting that in cargo pods all the time made me a bit salty towards this mod, quite the shame. Oh well, best of luck, dismar.

Canute

Quote from: moonra on July 05, 2017, 12:22:38 AM
Thanks for the explanation, I'm sad that I can't disable it because I think that will make me disable this mod. I like everything else about it, I just really don't care about all the different meals and candies and getting that in cargo pods all the time made me a bit salty towards this mod, quite the shame. Oh well, best of luck, dismar.
Or try to disable the cargo pod event at the scenario editor before you start your next colony.

Canute

I just notice, fruits got a nutri. of 0.12.
Is this a special reason for this number ? 
You will have alot overflow when you cook with fruits since most recipes are a based on the 0.05 value.
If this intend, forget this post, if not why not change fruits to 0.2 or 0.1 and adjust the harvest yield.

dismar

Quote from: Canute on July 06, 2017, 05:03:47 PM
I just notice, fruits got a nutri. of 0.12.
Is this a special reason for this number ? 
You will have alot overflow when you cook with fruits since most recipes are a based on the 0.05 value.
If this intend, forget this post, if not why not change fruits to 0.2 or 0.1 and adjust the harvest yield.

fruits have had a nut of .12 since like alpha 11.

SpaceDorf

@dismar
Concerning your Ressource Plants, would you consider moving the harvested plants to the "plant matter" bit of the raw ressources tree ?
It just makes more sense and helps me keep things in order, also having the ressource and ressource plants next to each other is really really confusing sometimes.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

jts1702

Re: Drug recipes

I noticed that you added bulk recipes for Ibuprofen, FluEz, Neutroflower-Neutronamine, and Antibiotics. Great.
But, Penoxycyline and other vanilla drugs (including go-juice, the coke psychoid drugs, etc. do not have bulk recipes. Can you rectify this by providing bulk recipes for them too?

Canute

dismar,
if you get bored. Why not install the new sunlamp power policy to the adv. hydroponics too ? When the sunlamps get turned off, the adv. hydroponic reduce their power to 70W like the standard hydroponics.

Btw. hydroponcis + Skylight from dubwise is like cheating, you don't need a sunlamp. But the light events affect them.

stigma

Quote from: Canute on July 11, 2017, 06:30:30 AM
dismar,
if you get bored. Why not install the new sunlamp power policy to the adv. hydroponics too ? When the sunlamps get turned off, the adv. hydroponic reduce their power to 70W like the standard hydroponics.

Btw. hydroponcis + Skylight from dubwise is like cheating, you don't need a sunlamp. But the light events affect them.

It's essentially just the same as putting hyroponics outdoors isn't it? So I don't see it as an exploit. Of course - if you are in a very cold climate and need to artificially keep your crops warm then you can't easily keep the roof of to allow sunlight in (well, you can, but you will need MUCH more heating). The skylights just let you make a effectively a greenhouse. Sunlamps are still a little bit more efficient at delivering optimal light even during dusk and dawn.

Maybe the skylights should be unable to provide full daylight to make it more of a tradeoff - and maybe cost a bit more (but that's not a part of vegetable garden after all).

-Stigma

AngleWyrm

Quote from: stigma on July 11, 2017, 10:30:44 AM
Quote from: Canute on July 11, 2017, 06:30:30 AM
...hydroponcis + Skylight from dubwise is like cheating, you don't need a sunlamp. But the light events affect them.

It's essentially just the same as putting hyroponics outdoors isn't it? So I don't see it as an exploit.

The way I heard it,
It's only cheating if it's good for you.
If it's bad for you then it's a challenge.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh